18 years on the dole.

Thanks Starsparkle.

It was also working for Capita, which I have heard less than positive reports of as a company to work for.

Nice to be able to be so choosy about who you should, or shouldnt, work for!

Nice to be able to be so choosy about who you should, or shouldnt, work for!

Look mate, just go away will you?!

It is obvious to me now that whatever I do to try and shut the likes of you up, you will continue to look down your nose at me and label me a "scrounger" (which quite frankly I take considerable offence to).

As I said in the other thread I am making efforts to find work, but as I have said repeatedly, I cannot just apply for any job, it has to be the RIGHT job for someone of my ability and disabilities. So if I appear to be picky about where I work, it's because I HAVE to be, not because I'm being awkward.

Look mate, just go away will you?!

It is obvious to me now that whatever I do to try and shut the likes of you up, you will continue to look down your nose at me and label me a "scrounger" (which quite frankly I take considerable offence to).

As I said in the other thread I am making efforts to find work, but as I have said repeatedly, I cannot just apply for any job, it has to be the RIGHT job for someone of my ability and disabilities. So if I appear to be picky about where I work, it's because I HAVE to be, not because I'm being awkward.

Rich, you really don't have to justify yourself to the likes of him.

I'm coming to the conclusion that he has a (justified) inferiority complex and tries to make himself feel better by putting down and criticising other people.

We really should start feeling sorry for him.

They do have such a system! But info has to be followed up and we have no Cybermen to do such tasks ;) Likewise with asking for proof when people sign on - there simply aren't the staff to deal with it. Governments of all shades are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea - on the one hand people rant and rave about benefit claimants being scroungers and not pursued and on the other people rant and rave about too many civil servants! It's crackers! And while people carry on with this ranting egged on by the reactionary media, nothing constructive will ever happen.

if what you say is true....

A civil servant employed to sift out workshy dole scroungers could only be applauded.

A civil servant employed to assess if civil servants are needed to sift out workshy dole scroungers is what we would invariably be lumped with under this administrationtastic goverment.

i have a friend who has just had to leave her job due to the stress levels and the fact she has a mental illness. she is taking a couple of months off work to get her head straight before she starts something part time and slowly build herself back up to full time..

its perfectly understandable that rich has to go for a certain type of job.

Rich, you really don't have to justify yourself to the likes of him.

I'm coming to the conclusion that he has a (justified) inferiority complex and tries to make himself feel better by putting down and criticising other people.

We really should start feeling sorry for him.

I'm beginning to think he doesn't have a job himself, unless they have t'internet on the dashboard of buses darn sarf. ;)

"Stop yer bellyachin' Butler an' get that bus art!"

A civil servant employed to assess if civil servants are needed to sift out workshy dole scroungers is what we would invariably be lumped with under this administrationtastic goverment.

Sadly what would happen is they would pay a consultant a grand a day to work out how they can cut even more staff, because the costs would not appear on the 'books'. :mad:

Unless you paid for your sons' education and health care then you've had some ruddy huge handouts from the Government like the rest of us have.

That's the joy of the welfare state - everyone, even the Beckhams, can have free schooling and healthcare, policing, a fire service, museums etc with no questions asked. Benefits on the other hand are only paid to people who meet strict criteria. People conveniently 'forget' this fact. They are already getting goodness knows what but they cannot stomach that someone else might just be getting a wee bit 'more' than them.

its not about someone else getting more from the state than me and i do fully understand how we all have access to handouts and yes i have taken advantage of the kind offer of free schooling for my children as we all have but i am now paying some of my debt off . i am not having a go at people who cant get work for one reason or another.i am angry with people who abuse the system and expect everyone else to pay for them, there are people out there who have never had the experience of working and having money in their pocket that they have earned and enjoyed doing it . i am angry with the minority who take from you because they cant be bothered to work for it themselves .

I'm beginning to think he doesn't have a job himself, unless they have t'internet on the dashboard of buses darn sarf. ;)

"Stop yer bellyachin' Butler an' get that bus art!"

Air con, GPS and WiFi for the passengers, but not for the drivers.......yet:hihi:

And the point is?

Sorry - it just seems a rather arbitrary statement to make.

Defining 'dole' is a good start. Unemployed, claiming unemployment benefit? If so, I'm surprised anyone could be on the dole for that length of time without appearing on the front page of the Volkische Beobachter ...sorry...Daily Express as an enemy of the people.

Or is this a 'take a shot at melthebell' post? If so, it's in bad form.

Good point. There is no benefit called 'The Dole' so it is hard to know what exactly he is saying.

i knew some bugger would ressurect this thread as soon as i posted the link lol