A6102 closed to traffic

I've just tried to turn left from Brightholmlee Lane to go to Deepcar and been turned back because an accident has closed the road. Don't know any details, just posting this for people's information.

As far as i'm aware, the police were chasing a speeding car and it's hit another car with a pregnant lady driving and kids in the back, the driver of the former vehicle went through the windscreen, a passenger ran off but the police caught him with help from the helicopter (if any of this is incorrect I apologise, I wasn't at the scene of the accident when it occured)

The road is still closed from Stocksbridge to Sheffield between Deepcar and Wharncliffe Side also.

Like we haven't got enough to worry about with the road being closed at the middlewood tavern.

I hope the poor driver of the other vehicle and her kids are ok :sad:

the driver of the former vehicle went through the windscreen,:

cool :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

no doubt someone will blame the police for chasing the car in the first place

but all they had to do was stop

lets hope that if the driver of the speeding car is ok he is made to face upto what hes done

Did the pregnant lady and her children get out o.k?

i have just got home my self, i was comeing from my parents house (stocksbridge) went to turn right to go round the dam to come over the back of warncliffside and that roads closed too so i went up to bolsterstone back on to manchester road and came back through the top end of chap and down halifax road which is were the busses are operating

that is shocking, and if correct, I hope the cps throw the book at the driver of the stolen vehicle.

Did the pregnant lady and her children get out o.k?

I have no idea, I didn't go down to the accident site or hang around, as I had my lad with me and it's not something I want him to have to witness to be honest.

I just had a quick chat with a few people who were around the area.

that is shocking, and if correct, I hope the cps throw the book at the driver of the stolen vehicle.

i doubt it the the cps seem to now operating as the criminal protection service

I have no idea, I didn't go down to the accident site or hang around, as I had my lad with me and it's not something I want him to have to witness to be honest.

I just had a quick chat with a few people who were around the area.

Well I hope they got away unscathed, *fingerscrossed*

just to let you know buses are running up stocksbridge now,after an earlier crash,hope the lady and her kids are ok.

the recovery trucks just come past my house

one with a silver bmw x5 4x4 on it

and one with a mk 3 golf dark blue i think it was a gti

both looked bad

i heard that the driver of the x5 had done a runner :suspect: but not sure if its true ?