Problems with Blundells estate agents

I bought my house via Blundells a year ago and was directed to speak with Mortgagetalk and I understood this was to ensure I could proceed with the purchase...

I accept this as they are working for the vendor and would expect them to check out the purchasers as so many sales fall through for one reason or another- this at least clears one hurdle!!

Isn't it strange the majority of the people complaining are from those who are wanting to purchase...

I wonder why Blundells are the largest estate agents in this area- maybe they do a good job!!

Please note I still think all estate agents charge too much!!!!

Hello,

I'm trying to buy a house and already have an Independent financial adviser with a mortgage agreed in principle. However, Blundells have said if I want to buy with them I have to go to their mortgage adviser. They will not accept the documents from my financial adviser, saying they do not work with the third party!

Has anyone else had did difficulty?

What a load of rubbish,you have to be firm with them and insist in using your own adviser.

I have purchased through blundells twice and each time they asked me to see their FA to qualify me financially. The first time I went to see the mortgage talk in 2003 and they were happy to accept my own bank mortgage offer.

Recently, I dealt with them again and this time I had to talk to their financial advisor on the phone and he said, he does not need to see me and is happy to tell the blundells I am ok.

I have found that it is a problem with most estate agents now as they would ask you to see their FA to qualify you financially but the background plan is to trick you to their mortage advisor, they are generating customers for their FA.

Bear in mind, although never proved practically, my gut feelings are that if there are two similar offers on a property and everything else equal regarding the two purchasers, the estate agents might recommend the purchaser who will go with their financial advisor. Well, this is my personal feeling.

Your last statement is a fact it is the same as asking, is the Pope a Roman Catholic?

We have just had a similar experience with Saxton Mee. We had already been financially qualified and had arranged a Mortgage elsewhere. When we made our offer, we made it clear that we were under a lot of pressure to get things moving quickly, but they managed to stall us for 4 days until their financial adviser was available to "qualify" us (which involved taking photocopies of our passports - obviously a highly technical and complicated process!). During this time, they were still marketing the house, and lo and behold, another buyer turned up with a higher offer, who apparently didn't need to be "qualified"! We wasted almost a week with this rigmarole and were back to square one. Personally, I wouldn't consider viewing a property with them again.

many estate agents are getting very aggressive at the moment, we hear many bad comments at the moment form our clients getting harrassed by certain Sheffield estate agents trying to get their business, stating that we are not up to speed,and that they are better,which is not only insulting to us, but to our clients who are usually very well educated people who do not want to get sucked into sly sales tactics and high costs,I am flattered that we should cause concern,but I would say to any of you thinking about selling your property, don't fall for it. Caron 2roost.

Had various dealings with Blundells who are just complete and utter numpties! Takes about 3 weeks for them to contact you back and when they do they don;t even have to info requested!

In my exp' most estate agents need to step their game up and sort out how they do business as it really is ridiculous!

:huh:

Had various dealings with Blundells who are just complete and utter numpties! Takes about 3 weeks for them to contact you back and when they do they don;t even have to info requested!

In my exp' most estate agents need to step their game up and sort out how they do business as it really is ridiculous!

:huh:

Agreed. For the money they make, they need to do better. Many of the staff are so poorly educated it is silly.

BLUNDELLS - I asked them 4 weeks ago to contact me regarding a valuation of a flat. They haven't responded. They are more than happy to constantly call me about properties I have viewed with them.

HALIFAX - Made an offer on a property. Was told 3 other people made same offer, asked if I would like to increase it. I asked ' will you disclose the offer to anyone else', they said 'no'. Later I got a phone call, 'someone else has offer X, can you increase yours', to which I said 'bye'.

WINKWORTH - Asked them to call me about buying a flat, they never did. Also asked about a house, was told it had been sold. I asked 'then why is it still advertised on the internet', to which they said 'oh, it was sold yesterday'.

I'm selling my property a the moment (or trying to) through Blundells. Ok, the service from them could be better, but as previously stated.... they all do it in the same pot. The issue that annoys me is the number of 'carpet treaders' who come wandering around my house, just to have a nosy. Not forgetting the so-called genuine prospective purchasers who can't be bothered to reply to Blundells' phone calls requesting feedback on my property.

Selling a house is a pain nomatter which estate agent you use and it's always the fault of the estate agent

I hate dealing with blundells...... totally hate it, its such a mixed bag, half the staff are great, the other down right rude and stupid

we've bidded on a house and just waiting now......the vendor said there'd been a couple of viewings.... blundells have said LOADS of interest..funny that! I've found the overall service shoody and doubt we'll be selling ours with them

I've stopped looking on their site, I'm just hoping the other estate agents come up with something I like.