Noise Disturbance Issues

It's 1.20am and a garden party up the road makes it sound like we're currently living next to a nightclub. Thumping music, loud singing, drunken yells, and all that rubbish. So we contacted the police, who, surprise surprise, can't do anything.

It's a quiet neighbourhood where the sound is travelling easily, and I doubt ours is the only family disturbed by the noise. It's like, constant shouting and singing (DJ with a microphone.)

Any suggestions, if you've dealt with something like this in the past?

Tell them you've got a base ball bat and you're going to resolve the problem. They'll arrive before you get out of bed.

Or since it's sat night, have a few beers and relax.

Having travelled home from London after only two hours sleep, a decent rest would be very much welcomed, not a few beers. But it's impossible to sleep.

If only I could go round, but they're all drunken and I don't want to start a neighbouring war.

Whatever happened to people having the courtesy to inform their neighbours if they were going to have a loud/long party? I can remember doing that, even it was just a note shoved through their letterbox.

All I can suggest is that you have a quiet and non-confrontational chat with them some time tomorrow, and ask them to be more considerate in future.

If they refuse, you'll have to fight fire with fire. Wait until their next late party, then get up very early the next morning and proceed to make as much noise as you possibly can, as close to their house as you can get. If you wake them up early when they've got foul hangovers, they might get the message.

I used this method more than once with noisy neighbours, and it's amazing how quickly they can grasp the notion of showing consideration for others once they've been on the receiving end themselves. Maybe the fact that my stereo system was a hell of lot more powerful (and louder) than theirs, had a bearing on the matter.:hihi: Or maybe they just didn't like Meat Loaf!

just tell the police that theres cars with no tax discs visable parked on the road ,im sure the boys in blue will be happy to come round

Tell the cops there is a party going on next door and cos they are drunk a fight has spilled out onto the street. In the 10 minutes or so it will take them to get there nothing to say it wouldn't have stopped, but I doubt the loud music will have;)

It's 1.20am and a garden party up the road makes it sound like we're currently living next to a nightclub. Thumping music, loud singing, drunken yells, and all that rubbish. So we contacted the police, who, surprise surprise, can't do anything.

It's a quiet neighbourhood where the sound is travelling easily, and I doubt ours is the only family disturbed by the noise. It's like, constant shouting and singing (DJ with a microphone.)

Any suggestions, if you've dealt with something like this in the past?

You don't leave nearish to Hillsborough do you? Sounds like my neighbours.

Sounds like my neighbours too!

They have a huge party every couple of months, marquees int he back garden, lights, music and apparently, he has his own bar at the bottom of the garden! I wouldn't mind but it's quite regular and while he invites some neighbours, he doesn't invite us all, so we have to listen to music (which is at least 30 doors away) all night.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

I heard it to. I was talking to somone and they said it was somones party. I thought it was that music in the sun at first.

:hihi: oopsie..

:hihi::hihi::hihi: I should learn to check dates!