Mega Mosque on Barnsley Road

As for all religions, not just Islam considering homosexuals as less than human, you seem to think that that makes Islam alright? It doesn't, it makes all religions that think this wrong.

...maybe this legitimises the banning of all religious buildings, not just mosques? :D :D :D

Again, I'm sensing the skyline isn't your main problem with the building.

..to be fair, was the thread ever about the architectural importance or otherwise of mosques. :D

...maybe this legitimises the banning of all religious buildings, not just mosques? :D :D :D

Banning (although I prefer the word discouragement:)) of new religious buildings. Absolutely.

..to be fair, was the thread ever about the architectural importance or otherwise of mosques. :D

it doesn't look like it does it ?

Banning (although I prefer the word discouragement:)) of new religious buildings. Absolutely.

..flippin hell, I was joking!

Well I guess that's my bus pass to the Pearly Gates currently burning on the Devil's Baxi!! :D

[/quote

Firstly no religion accepts homosexuals? Not Catholics and not Jews either. If you ask the majority of religous people from Islam, CHristianity and Judaism you will find they asll believe it to be wrong. Apart from the odd few.

Also, you like to think of Jews as human beings but not muslims.

Can I ask why?

That last sentence is a bit rich - Muslims are human beings too, obviously. LOL Where did you get that from?

True, no religion that I know of likes homosexuals either, but then I never said that I liked any other religions, did I? I am an atheist you see.

True, no religion that I know of likes homosexuals either

I was going to suggest Buddhism but my first link in google yielded this :

The evidence is overwhelming. Homosexual acts are the cause of serious physical and mental health problems. Thus they violate the Buddhist teaching to harm no living creature.

so, errm, perhaps not.

funny enough, I see there's not universal support for the building on the council website. Will be interesting to see if it gets the go-ahead despite the concerns of some local residents.

Someone is editing my posts...

Great representation of our culture there, surely British culture is more then watching football and going to pubs and clubs.

I personally see quite a few Muslims in clubs, go to Vibe - its full of Pakistani guys.

I am guessing they don't go to Football matches because they perceive that their will be hostility towards them.

Churches - well they are muslims, and anyway how many of us still visit churches?

Restaurants - again I'd guess because they eat halal meat and therefore would be limited only to veggie options in non-halal establishments.

The planning for the Mosque needs to rethought though as there is blatantly not enough parking available.

Back to the relevant question!!! Why do muslims want to live in this country???

Back to the relevant question!!! Why do muslims want to live in this country???

Maybe because they were born here?

1. they watch football/rugby at home?

2. they do play for england in the cricket

3. they dont drink generally but many of the ones I know DO and go clubbing (not the WMC's!) How many of them own off-licences!! :o

4. they are muslim, so you wont see them in church unless they are buying it to make into a mosque

5. we normally dine in THEIR restaurants

6. if you dont see any integration (either by brits into muslims or muslims into

Brits?) I guess this is the terms we are using, then I think you have missed something somewhere!

What I am missing is!!!why do Muslims want to live in this country???

Maybe because they were born here?
Some ,but not all! so why did they come in the first place,and why do they still want to come?