Sheffield to Manchester Airport Advice

Hi all,

I have a flight out of Manchester Airport tomorrow (Sunaday) afternoon at 1:00pm.

With all of the rain, do you think I'm better off taking a train or trying to hire a taxi to get me there? :huh:

Or has the rain not affected any of the transpennine tracks or roads?

Hi all,

I have a flight out of Manchester Airport tomorrow (Sunaday) afternoon at 1:00pm.

With all of the rain, do you think I'm better off taking a train or trying to hire a taxi to get me there? :huh:

Or has the rain not affected any of the transpennine tracks or roads?

As far as I'm aware the trains are running Ok, but it's very easy to check online athttp://www.nationalrail.co.uk/.

Taxi will cost in the region of £60 - the train is much cheaper and takes you right into the airport.

All the current flooding problems are in the West Midlands and south thereof (such as Birmingham, Thames Valley, South Wales, Berkshire and London).

The Transpennine Express train from Cleethorpes to Manchester Airport via Sheffield is not affected, neither are any of the trans pennine roads.

Isn't the Snake still closed (roadworks)?

The roadworks are only taking place on weekdays. They are scheduled to run untill the end of next week. The snake has been open at weekends. Whether or not this is shut today due to the rain is another matter.

I'll let you know later on, as we're driving over to Liverpool today. Gulp! We have food, warm blankets and that emergency plastic bottle packed. ;)

As far as I'm aware the trains are running Ok, but it's very easy to check online athttp://www.nationalrail.co.uk/.

Taxi will cost in the region of £60 - the train is much cheaper and takes you right into the airport.

And a Taxi takes you to?

A taxi takes you to the terminal and you can get a return for £80.

The train leaves you with a fair walk, plan 20 mins to reach check-in, depending on terminal.

In the past I have always used taxis to get me to Manny airport. This time we used the train, and what a difference it makes!! I'll be using it in future ..... plenty of leg room, room to stretch, and less than half the cost. No traffic problems to concern you.

Yes, it is a bit of a trek from the station to the terminals, BUT it's all undercover and lots of moving walkways to ease ya legs :)

At the end of the day you do what feels most comfortable, but with the weather as it is, I would definately give yourself extra time. Better safe than sorry.

*Smiles*

Angi

In the past I have always used taxis to get me to Manny airport. This time we used the train, and what a difference it makes!! I'll be using it in future ..... plenty of leg room, room to stretch, and less than half the cost. No traffic problems to concern you.

Yes, it is a bit of a trek from the station to the terminals, BUT it's all undercover and lots of moving walkways to ease ya legs :)

At the end of the day you do what feels most comfortable, but with the weather as it is, I would definately give yourself extra time. Better safe than sorry.

*Smiles*

Angi

Only problems with trains especially through the night are that they are only a few trains that go to Man Airport, (no other airport btw) so for example if your flight leaves at 8am the only train is at around 2 am, this is why people use taxis, other then that trains are fine but they arn't bulletproof, i have picked up many a unhappy person from the station to take them to an airport because of "problems" with the rail service - each to their own.

Train every time for me.

Manchester or Liverpool airports.

Liverpool even has an airport station which has just opened.

It is so easy to book on line and arrange your trip nowadays.

As for missing trains, I usually get a flight which leaves an option with a missed connection, combined with an open train ticket. So there is always a second train to catch if the first one goes wrong for some reason.

If it were a flight in the middle of the night I would just drive to the airport and use the airpark.

*Smiles*

Angi

Your are quite right, the only problem with trains is through the night during which time I think there is a gap of about 4 hours. During the day wouldn't travel any other way but by train, just nice to be able to relax after trying to remember if you have packed everything and generally rushing about. Also no traffic jams to sit through. It's great.

Your are quite right, the only problem with trains is through the night during which time I think there is a gap of about 4 hours. During the day wouldn't travel any other way but by train, just nice to be able to relax after trying to remember if you have packed everything and generally rushing about. Also no traffic jams to sit through. It's great.

Its a pity your flights that early iam going to pick my mate up but going over about 9 oclock at night but i would go by train save them extra pounds for some beer tokens:thumbsup: