Wednesday Shares Owned by Wednesdayite

What should Wednesdayite do with their 10% shareholding?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should Wednesdayite do with their 10% shareholding?

• Give it back unconditionally
    • Give it back but insist on a cash injection for players
    • Keep it at all costs

Heres some food for thought....

Would the organisation known as "Wednesdayite" cease to exist without those shares ?

My answer would be NO, they would still exist and could still continue with all the fundraising and all of the aims that are set out on their website.

EXCEPT ONE and I quote (from their website)

"Our initial aim is to reach the 10% mark so if ever needed (and only through the democratic vote of our membership) we are able to call an EGM to address possible grave concerns that as a supporters organisation we might have.

We would then aim to become the largest individual shareholder of the club and ultimately the effective majority shareholder with an aspirational goal of fan ownership of Sheffield Wednesday."

Its a power trip. They have the power (with 10% of the shares) to call for an EGM at any time they like, just like they have been doing recently.

****THIS is the stumbling block to any potential investors******

Would you come into a club like Wednesday, buy the existing shares to take you to up to 30% (like it says on the official website) when "Wednesdayite" can call an EGM at any moment ?????????

Would you put your money into ANY business where a consortium can call an EGM at any moment and scrutinise you ??????

Again the logical answer would be NO !!!

They want to know all of the fine details about the accounts. Whats it got to do with them. The boards of every other top club would never do this.

Now many Owls supporters may remember "Wednesdayite" in the local media trying to get a representative on the board. Everyone knows that is never going to happen, however they seem to have changed their minds lately.

THAT is never going to happen in a million years. It wont happen at any club of any creditable size.

My message to "Wednesdayite" would be this...... Call his bluff !!!

Put your shares where your (big) mouths are and call his bluff.

GIVE him the shares back and lets see who was right.

If Mr Allen went against his word there would be a HUGE backlash, bigger than any black balloon farce that you could ever organise !!!!!!

I use the term "Wednesdayite" in inverted commas as no real Wednesdayite would hold their club to ransom in this way. Their member strut about at AGMs and around the ground as if THEY own the place. Well they dont ! It is owned by the REAL FANS (not the former members of the OWLS (MIS)TRUST who went to support Ken Bates at Leeds) and at the minute it looks like the REAL fans want the same thing....

"WEDNESDAYITE" OUT !

I use the term "Wednesdayite" in inverted commas as no real Wednesdayite would hold their club to ransom in this way. Their member strut about at AGMs and around the ground as if THEY own the place. Well they dont ! It is owned by the REAL FANS (not the former members of the OWLS (MIS)TRUST who went to support Ken Bates at Leeds) and at the minute it looks like the REAL fans want the same thing....

I just debunked that one on the previous page! :P

The directors who supported Ken Bates were kicked out by the members about two years ago - before they even changed the name from the Owls Trust.

John Hemmingham (the Owls Trust CEO who appeared with Bates at THAT press conference) left soon after to take a job with Bates at Leeds United.

I doubt there's a single person left at Wednesdayite who actively supported Ken Bates - it's a completely different regime.

I think it's time both sides started producing some evidence here. For example, here is a copy of a letter that Wednesdayite sent to Allen just 9 days ago:

Dear Mr Allen

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FOOTBALL CLUB

With you having previously stated that the SWFC board is working on bringing new money into the club this summer, I can imagine how frustrated you will feel if the current rumours prove to be correct and the proposed takeover deal is now off.

The absence of dialogue between our respective boards has prevented both parties from fully discharging our respective responsibilities to shareholders and members. It is not too late to rectify this position and I believe we can yet find common ground to promote an outcome that serves everyone well and which helps the club.

I really do urge you to put the past to one side and to sit down with us to see if together, we can identify a way forward which is in the best interests of the club, the shareholders and fans alike. We are happy to discuss our shareholding in any such meeting and the role it might play in securing a better future for the football club.

If you will not sit down with me, then I am more than happy for you to speak with any of the following members of my Board and accordingly all our contact details are listed below:

Darryl Keys xxxx

John Gath xxxx

Graeme Cook xxxxx

Paul Holmes xxxxx

I do hope you will consider this favourably as we can only achieve a solution through dialogue as we have stated on a number of previous occasions.

Yours sincerely

Darryl Keys

Chairman, Wednesdayite

Does that sound like people on a "power trip" to you?

And why didn't they receive a reply to that letter - or to any of the other similar ones they've sent in the past two years?

Why wouldn't Allen meet with Wednesdayite - in private - to discuss the shares if he really wanted them?

In fact Allen seems to prefer to do most of his communication through the media - in the latest round of which he called the fans "scum", Wednesdayite "cretins" and a certain female fan a "venomous bitch". Hardly constructive.

I openly admit that at times i.e the sacking of Sturrock,i have not been DA'S biggest fan but when you look at what he's done and what he's achieved then its time we all backed him.If i remember rightly wednesdayites wanted Bates in and look where that would have got us,yet DA stood firm and did what he thought was best for the club and frankly we've haven't been in a better shape for years.For once we are making money not losing it and we are making steady progress on the field.If you call yourself wednesday fans then lets unite the club,give him the shares,get a buyer with vision and achieve our goal of getting the club debt free and back in the prem.

I openly admit that at times i.e the sacking of Sturrock,i have not been DA'S biggest fan but when you look at what he's done and what he's achieved then its time we all backed him.If i remember rightly wednesdayites wanted Bates in and look where that would have got us,yet DA stood firm and did what he thought was best for the club and frankly we've haven't been in a better shape for years.For once we are making money not losing it and we are making steady progress on the field.If you call yourself wednesday fans then lets unite the club,give him the shares,get a buyer with vision and achieve our goal of getting the club debt free and back in the prem.
:banana::clap: give'um a blue peter bagde they've said it all in one!!:D

Here here :clap::clap:

Sounds to me like Wednesdayite aren't actually weilding any real power and in fact are scuppering the chances of the club from being sold on to someone who might invest heavily in it.

My main question is what exactly do wednesdayite hope to acheive by holding these shares and what use is it to them to hold them?

Why would the Chairman of any business want to meet with a hostile party who represent a tiny minority of their customer base.

The idea of the Trust was fine in principal, ours is a glowing example of why they don't work in reality. If Mr Keys or any of the rest of the Trust board want a seat on the SWFC board they should buy shares in the club themselves. You do not represent the fans, you have no right to request a meeting with the SWFC board, and you have no right to block the progress of the club.

Professional Football is a business, we don't have a benefactor who is going to throw money as us, we need to be invested in as a business proposition.

Either increase your membership to be respresentative of the fan base (20k + members) or give the shares back and get lost.

Why wouldn't Allen meet with Wednesdayite - in private - to discuss the shares if he really wanted them?

In fact Allen seems to prefer to do most of his communication through the media - in the latest round of which he called the fans "scum", Wednesdayite "cretins" and a certain female fan a "venomous bitch". Hardly constructive.

Why should he justify any of it with a response ????

Remember that this is a group of people who favoured Ken Bates over Mr Allen. As has already been pointed out where would that have gotten us ?

PLUS ! There are many people who have contacted "Wednesdayite" in the past, in writing and via email and they have chosen not to respond. The whole organisation is poorly run and not professional in the slightest. If they were a more respectable group of people and performed their business duties on a more mature way (instead of black balloon protests, handing out badges with the words "OUT" on them and organising protests in the stands and outside the directors boxes , maybe people would see them in a different light.

BTW ...... Where did John Hemmingham go ??? (former Owls Trust chief executive)

for more information see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wednesdayite

Why would the Chairman of any business want to meet with a hostile party who represent a tiny minority of their customer base.

The idea of the Trust was fine in principal, ours is a glowing example of why they don't work in reality. If Mr Keys or any of the rest of the Trust board want to seat on the SWFC board they should buy shares in the club themselves. You do not represent the fans, you have no right to request a meeting with the SWFC board, and you have no right to block the progress of the club.

Professional Football is a business, we don't have a benefactor who is going to throw money as us, we need to be invested in as a business proposition.

Either increase your membership to be respresentative of the fan base (20k + members) or give the shares back and get lost.

HERE HERE !!! YOU WANT TO RUN THE CLUB ????? YOU BUY THE SHARES AND TAKE OVER !!!!!

......didnt think so !

> Plumbheat - I wasn't having a go or reffering to your point, it was a figure of speech, I was just wondering how I could go about buying a share that's all.

FREAK. mmmm. Bit strong that int it son and a tad hypocritical. I remember you getting a little bit upset over a fairly innocous jibe about David Blunkett being a Wendy fan.

I know your devastated that you still haven't got two happenies to scratch your arse with but hey, move on.

After all you are a BIG CLUB............ :hihi::hihi:

No you were making a joke using his blindness, anyway i thought we had moved on, i dont think calling some1 a curly haired freak is that extreme.:o