Wednesday Shares Owned by Wednesdayite

What should Wednesdayite do with their 10% shareholding?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should Wednesdayite do with their 10% shareholding?

• Give it back unconditionally
    • Give it back but insist on a cash injection for players
    • Keep it at all costs

They're probably all wear anoracks and call the players by they're 1st names, apparently theyve arranged a comedy night for Aug 9th may have to go down and give them all some abuse!!!
wednesdayite are not the voice of sheffield wednesday!

All they are are some two bit membership that use the wednesday name to gain intrest and members thinking that maybe they are part of swfc.... which they are not.

The comedy night should start of with how well they are doing at naffin up the club...

what i dont get is that if Allen, Grierson and the other bloke and wednesdayite have about 40% who the bleedin hell owns the rest? - is it that charterhouse or as it just loads of small share holders?

What I'd like is for a spokes-person from the Wednesdayites group to come on here and put their point of view forward. I'm a little unsure of their intentions, and given the amount of flack they're now taking, it would be sensible for them to reply. So if anybody knows someone from that group of fans can you give them a nudge onto SF.

We promise not to bite, but we may ask a few searching questions.

What I'd like is for a spokes-person from the Wednesdayites group to come on here and put their point of view forward. I'm a little unsure of their intentions, and given the amount of flack they're now taking, it would be sensible for them to reply. So if anybody knows someone from that group of fans can you give them a nudge onto SF.

Y dont U send them the invite? enquiries@wednesdayite.com or call the office on 0114 281 2345.

Who do wednesdayite think they are??

they are not sheffield wednesday..

they are not my "choice" of supporters group to represent my club!

remember ken Bates.... farse....

I dont think they have the best intrest of swfc at heart and its like they are holding a club to ransom, when in fact they have no right, the shares were a gift... so why not gift them back and have done with it...

one of my mates is in the Wednesdayites he thinks they don't the right thing by not handing over the shares. personally I laughed at him for his comments, who can they be doing the club any good if BOTH backers have now turned away? surely this would have helped you back on to the right financial step on the ladder back to the premiership

one of my mates is in the Wednesdayites he thinks they don't the right thing by not handing over the shares. personally I laughed at him for his comments, who can they be doing the club any good if BOTH backers have now turned away? surely this would have helped you back on to the right financial step on the ladder back to the premiership

They're obviously highly intelligent people lol, or are they just waiting 4 Abramovich to get bored at Chelsea and start pumping his rubles into S6!:hihi:

They're obviously highly intelligent people lol, or are they just waiting 4 Abramovich to get bored at Chelsea and start pumping his rubles into S6!:hihi:

who knows.. I couldn't understand why they wouldn't hold off, unless they think there similar to the Italians were the fans actually run who does what?? :loopy:

By the way thanx to the six Blunts that have voted, glad to see your keeping a keen interest as ever!:hihi:

Your most welcome. I always take a keen interest in the FOWLS creating mirth withn their shrewd business moves. :hihi::hihi:

Wednesdayite's responses on the day:

Wednesdayite Media Release on the day of the press conference:

The suggestion that inward investment has not been possible because of Wednesdayite's shareholding, is very sad.

Whatever the pros and cons of any deal which was on the table, there is absolutely no reason for the share holding to have been an obstacle. If any of the participants believed there to be a problem, they have had plenty of time to take us up on our offer of dialogue.

We have repeated over and over, that if a deal would ensure that the club’s debts were reduced, that investment in the football squad could be made and a proper dialogue process established with what is the second largest shareholder and a loyal fans’ group, then our members have indicated that they would re-consider their opposition to parting with the shares.

Surely, if the issue of the Wednesdayite shares was a deal-breaker, someone would have thought that it was important enough to talk directly to Wednesdayite about it.

We at Wednesdayite have become used to being portrayed in a negative way by those who look backwards instead of forwards. Are we really the stumbling block to progress? Progress requires movement. We have moved – some would say a long way already - and we are willing to discuss further movement. We are not preventing progress.

It is those who will not move from their entrenched positions who are the real stumbling block. Constant repetition of “It’s Wednesdayite’s fault” may be easy and may even convince some, but at the end of the day, it is not a way to achieve progress.

A statement from the Shareholders Association regarding the situation:

Sheffield Wednesday Shareholders Association Press Statement

24th July 2007

We recognise Mr Allens commitment to relinquish his own shareholding in our club, as well as that of the other Board members who currently control our club with a 30% minority stake.

We also recognise the reluctance of the Wednesdayite Supporters Group to give up their 10.1% shareholding and respect their right as shareholders to do that without being labelled as ‘Cretins’ or ‘Scum’ by the Chairman of our club.

The Shareholders Association would like to make two statements today.

We would like to call on the Sheffield Wednesday Chairman to apologise for the statements he issued to the Press last week, labelling shareholders and customers of our club ‘Scum’, ‘Cretins’, and ‘Venomous Bitches’. We don’t think that this language befits the position that the Chairman holds and hope that he will recognise and regret those statements.

In order to assist the club and its directors to facilitate a takeover of our club, and to overcome the barriers to this referred to by Mr Allen last week, we would like to assist in the following way. We will be approaching ALL shareholders of SWFC and not just our members (who hold 16%) to ask them to register with us their intention to sell up to 95% of their own shareholding at whatever price the SWFC Board have negotiated for their own shares. We believe that given the commitment of just 1 in 5 shareholders to this action we can confidently register with the club an additional 20% shares to add to their own 31%, meaning that a takeover could progress. Every shareholder will still be able to attend AGM’s, receive copies of the club accounts and all the other small benefits associated with being a club shareholder. We are firmly of the belief that every genuine shareholder who has the love of our club at heart would carefully consider this as a viable way forward.

We find it strange that the current Board should be negotiating to sell a business that they only own 30% of, without referral to the 70% of shareholders who all have a stake in our club. We are also puzzled at a prospective buyer undertaking due diligence when it is clear (and publicly available knowledge) that only 30% of shares are available. Would the Chairman agree with us that an EGM called by the club would be appropriate at this point to enlighten ALL shareholders as to the reasons for the failure of the 4 potential investors he referred to earlier in the year choosing not to invest in the club?

Any shareholders who would like to register their interest in selling some or all of their shareholding at the price negotiated by the Board for their own shares should call us on (01909) 568686.

All questions relating to this statement should be addressed to the Shareholders Association Chairman, Mr David Coupe on 01909 568686.