Any illustrators needed?

hey, i'm wanting to expand my art/design portfolio, and was wondering if there were any writers or something similar who would want to allow me to do an illustration for their work - either as a front cover book art or mid-story illustration or something similar (i'm completely open to suggestions, i just really need some creative inspiration and thought one of you guys might be interested)

i'd work completely commission free if you are an amateur, as i desire the practice and to have some creative influence from a literary source would be nice..

for examples of my current style (although i'd be more than happy to adapt if you have any specific ideas - my aim is to improve my abilities as much as possible) see my online portfolio at:

shin-rhys.deviantart (.com)

so yeah.. if you're interested, and think i might be able to create something nice for your work, let me know and i'd love to read your stuff.

you never know.. hopefully one day something might get published, and i'd be a Quentin Blake to your Roald Dahl.... or something...