How do I tell the kids?

after a very rocky relationship with my ex, i called it a day, and although we were no longer together we lived in the same house and tried to get along for the sake of the kids, however, things have come to a real head this morning and he has asked{ordered} me to leave, kids , dogs n all, as i have nowhere else to go i have spent the morning at howden house in the homeless section who say they will put me in b n b until they can sort something out, problem is, how do i explain it to the boys when they get in from school, i dont wanna go through all the blaming fault stuff, but i have absolutly no idea how to tell them that we cant live here anymore:( please help:help:

Tell it how it is, kids appreciate honesty

Be honest, Tell the boys you and oh cant live together anymore so you and the boys are going to have your own home, just you and your boys.

When my parents split they didnt tell us anything and beleive me kids playground gossip is not what they want to hear.

Good luck for your future and look forward, never look back.

take care

truth and respect

just tell it how it is nothing more nothing less

Just be honest with them hun it's the best way to go. Just mention that although you can't live there anymore, it doesn't mean that you love them any less. Just out of curiosity are the kids his? If so, tell them that you both still love them very much but you can't live together. Good luck hun, I really feel for you. But remember there is light at the end of the tunnel, all will work out well. xxx

Change the locks while he is out. If he tries to break in then call the police.

no, the kids arnt is which makes it little easier but they looked up to him and to give him his dues , he treat them well and like they were his own

Change the locks while he is out. If he tries to break in then call the police.

wish i could ken but its only his name on mortgage:(

In that case, then yes still tell them that you both love them very much, that things just aren't right between you and him. And make sure that your kids know it's not thier fault, and that no matter what happens, things WILL get better xxx

This just means he would eventually be able to get the house back. It would still take a while.

This just means he would eventually be able to get the house back. It would still take a while.

mmmmmmmmmm dint know that:hihi:, maybe give him some of his own medicine

That doesn't neceserrily mean you can't stay in the house, especially if you've been contributing financially.

You need to see a solicitor.