Do you consume a lot of alcohol?

How much alcohol do you drink in a week? 14 pints, 30 pints, beer or lager? what about spirits ( the kind you get out of a bottle ) one bottle a day? two, four, six, how is it that some people can consume vast quantities with very little after effect.

Michael Barrymore could take enormous amounts and still host a show on TV. plus taking drugs as well, what have these people got

that allows them to abuse their bodies in such a way.

Before my brother in law died, he would drink 26 pints of beer at one sitting and still be sober, I went with him for a drink and I could not keep pace with the pints piling up in front of me on the table.

I don't like the taste of beer anyhow and certainly would not want to sit in a pub all night mopping ale, the thought of it makes me feel ill, and having to breathe that blue haze from dozens of smokers cigarettes would finish me off.:x

I dont drink any alcohol. I dont need to drink it to be happy or have a good time.

Im not particularly keen on it anyway but i dont like the fact it is so bad for you (liver, kidney, brain, high calorie content) and i dont like the effect it has on me.

I prefer a nice fruit juice anyday. I tastes much nicer and doesnt make you feel sick or ill the next day. I really dont see the point in drinking alcohol.

Alcohol isn't actually bad for you - it's only bad for you if you over-indulge, as are most things. If alcohol makes you feel sick the next day, you've over-indulged. (Just as over eating will make you feel sick!) Going in smokey pubs is bad for you though - so I see halevan's point...

It's fair enough if you don't like the taste... I personally drink alcohol and I actually like the taste of most beers and lagers but hate )(with a passion) whisky, brandy, rum, etc... even with a good mixer. (I like gin and vodka though - but only with mixers.) What's the point in drinking something you don't like?

I wouldn't say I drink a lot. Not any more. At university we used to drink 1-2 bottles of wine each every night... and on a couple of nights even more - maybe around 10 pints +

I like to get drunk. I'm not an aggressive drunk, so it's always good fun. I've seen some people who don't know when to stop though and turn nasty... In those situations, you can't blame the booze though - blame the person drinking it instead.

I'm a big Guinness drinker now. (It's good for you!) Did you know that a pint of Guinness has less calories in it that a pint of semi-skimmed milk!?! :o

I have a drink most days, it could be one bottle of lager or a glass of wine, very rarely get drunk anymore, as I don't like the after effects.

I like most drinks, but can not stand aniseed based drinks ( had a bad experience) Pernod/Ouzo/Raki/Ricard. I am feeling sick already.

It's something that I can take or leave. All my mates think I'm stupid but I just don't have a taste for it at all! I know someone who can drink all night and all day and it not having any kind of effect on her, it's madness. I just feel that I don't have to have a drink inside me to have a laugh and enjoy myself!

Chloé

Originally posted by Jon

I'm tea total ask Geoff or RPG lol.....I like to have a drink on a friday maybe just the one or two

LOL! :lol: :lol:

cheers Jon, I needed a laugh :D;)

I on the other hand, dont drink at all :)

I don't like hangovers, so never too tempted by pub, BUT.... once I'm in there I really struggle to leave until kicked out after last orders. By which tiime I'm feeling fine and dandy and ready to party more. Then I wake up for work the next day, and remain in hangover mode for about 2 days.

Shortly after I left college I used to drink ALL weekend with my mates.

But when I got pregnant it stopped.

One because I couldn't stomach even a slight tipple of wine without throwing up,

Two, it isn't exactly good for baby

Three, I couldn't wear what i wanted without looking fat.

Now I look fat all the time so I really do not want to go out on the razz.

Moon

Archived