Gimli has gone!!!

non of it matters all that does is that a family pet that was well loved has been taken from us. all there is to say is that we hope Gimli is at rest and out hearts go out to Gimlis friends and loved ones

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks to all you guys that have offered support and condolences.

My kids were heartbroken. Especially my 5yr old lad, it was only when he started getting tired that he realised gimli wasn`t coming back, and there were lots and lots of tears, he also had problem sleeping last night(he never has probs sleeping). It was very upsetting for everyone, even our german shepherd Amber just keeps lying by the side of his hutch, whining, and mooching around the house looking for him.

Foxes can be determined buggers who can figure out how to open seemingly 'foxproof' doors/locks etc. Ours were protected by a mental cockeral and a fixed bolt on the door, but neighbours lost entire henhouses of chickens after the wily foxy fox figured out how to get open the henhouse door.. Never underestimate their abilities!

I agree Studwall and my heart goes out to Lyndix and her kids as it must be terrible trying to console the children.

I agree that the subject needs to be raised about the dangers of foxes to rabbits. I dont agree that all rabbits should be houserabbits either. I have kept Rabbits and chickens and had a fox problem, but if the housing is kept secure, then there is no reason for a rabbit not to live outside in their natural environment (sorry to those houserabbit folk) but that is my view.

I dispair at the tiny plywood hutches on sale outside petshops, but I think we need to educate would be rabbit owners on the comfort and security of their housing rather than slam them for keeping a rabbit outdoors.