Fowler Brothers (Wilfred and Lawrence)

hi wdytya hi I am sure all these three families married into one another making them all families by marriage my grandma name was annie goddard siblings Florence Charles George Christiane and Elizabeth I'm sure there is another sibling not got aname my paper work up in the loft wil get someone to get it me down I know Elizabeth married a staniland my grandma married an alderson I am granddaughter to annie and George alderson

hi wdytya hi I am sure all these three families married into one another making them all families by marriage my grandma name was annie goddard siblings Florence Charles George Christiane and Elizabeth I'm sure there is another sibling not got aname my paper work up in the loft wil get someone to get it me down I know Elizabeth married a staniland my grandma married an alderson I am granddaughter to annie and George alderson

Was Annie Goddard born 1901?

sorry I should have have said fannie and George alderson I did nt realize I had mossed the first letter off fannie was born 1864 annie goddard nee piggot was born 1864 sorry about the misprint annie was fannie mum

sorry I should have have said fannie and George alderson I did nt realize I had mossed the first letter off fannie was born 1864 annie goddard nee piggot was born 1864 sorry about the misprint annie was fannie mum

It was the Pigott-- Staniland that tweeked my interest, I researched Fanny Pigott 1874-Samuel Staniland 1871.

hi retep yes I have a fanny piggot born 1874 also annie Piggott born 1864 William piggot born1838 married christiana slater john piggot 1868 Thomas 1878 annie piggot became a goddard married luther goddard hope this helps

hi retep yes I have a fanny piggot born 1874 also annie Piggott born 1864 William piggot born1838 married christiana slater john piggot 1868 Thomas 1878 annie piggot became a goddard married luther goddard hope this helps

Sounds like the same family, have the Stanilands at Penistone Road 1920'S

I will have to get my son to go up in my loft where all my tree is has I cant remember but I know ome stanilands lived on Scotland street at some time

During my years as a carer for the elderly, the legend of the Fowler brothers often came into conversation, most maintained the brothers innocence.

However, one thing never mentioned before, came up twice,years apart,by 2 different people. Both men mentioned Plommer being hit over the head with a child's scooter, prior to being stabbed.

Neither of the men knew each other, one being married with a small child, the other a child when it happened, but both told similar stories 20 years apart.

I believe my late grandmother was the bar maid in the pub, Lilly Cresswell, she was single and had a daughter who when we checked her birth certificate Father is unknown. At the moment we can only guess who her father was,although she looked very much like Wilfred Fowler!

After the event at the pub Lilly was taken to the train station and put on the first train out, with her daughter Alice, which went to Skegness, for there safety.

Lilly was told not to return.

Does anyone have any info that Lilly was the bar maid in question?

Can anyone confirm this as true. I got the story from my father before he died aged 80.

If anyone needs info on the fowler bros  ie: mother father siblings I have the details as my grandmother was their sister.

On 04/04/2007 at 16:11, Cathrine said:

well if he didn't have my grandmother then I must be a figment of my own imagination...... Her name was Alice Irene Hodder ne Fowler also known as Renie.

Hi, Catherine i would be interested to speak with you as i have been doing a lot of research on our family history and think i may have some informetion of interest to you, Ihave found the names of fowlers parents and siblings and you maybe able to help build more of a picture with the infrmation you also have, Many Thanks Heather 

Hi I am looking for Wilfred Terry DOB 1911, born sheffield (i think), married Mary Ella Hoare.   can anyone help me please.