Really really obscure Sheffield bands

Nick is was an awesome guitarist, didn't Neil Morrell play bass for a while there too

Went to school with both of them and Neil and I were mates that knocked around together with a few others. I was back in UK in September and caught up with Neil at a reunion, he's ben a copper for many a year now.

Nick got married to Lindsey scott, they have to kids I think girls, nick is still teching guitar.

Hi Gary, Yep I knew Nick was teaching guitar, think he still lives on Seagrave. If I remember right Lindsey was Neils girlfriend before swopping sides!. I will try and dig out some photos of us playing, I think at the Monsal Head. I was pretty useless on guitar in those days but fortunately stuck at it and improved. Still playing today.

Hi i remember Mcloskys ! the bandleader had a big victorian house near havlock square ..went to a party once it was wild!! i knew the guitarist ..a tall slim guy long hair ..and as part of the act he would throw his guitar in the audiance .

Was his name Ray?

Hi Gary, Yep I knew Nick was teaching guitar, think he still lives on Seagrave. If I remember right Lindsey was Neils girlfriend before swopping sides!. I will try and dig out some photos of us playing, I think at the Monsal Head. I was pretty useless on guitar in those days but fortunately stuck at it and improved. Still playing today.

????? Swaping sides, how do you mean swapping sides??? I saw her in September last year and she and nick where still together then, so do explain please? Yeh be good to see photo :hihi:

Guest sibon

The Exploding Mountbattens were pretty obscure... and a bit rubbish too:)

????? Swaping sides, how do you mean swapping sides??? I saw her in September last year and she and nick where still together then, so do explain please? Yeh be good to see photo :hihi:

Don't get me into trouble!! I said she used to be NEILS girlfriend - BEFORE she and Nick got together!, They would have been about 16 - 17 at the time,

Hence the 'swopping'.

Yes it was ! havnt seen him for ages.

If it's the chap I think it is he married my mums best mate, but I've not seen him since my sister wedding in 1999.

Crikey I remember them! & going to see the Bendy Monsters at the Hallamshire...it cost 50p to get in upstairs.....they where crap:roll:

bendy monsters / muzzle club are old school friends of mine, seen em loads at the hallamshire / take 2

heres a piccy of them out of a magazine when they appeared on telly adicts

i still have a few bendies / muzzle club demo tapes

Anyone remember

Stunt Kites

The Negatives

Typhoon Saturday

Yah - Boo

Of Course, Pete Eason was the lead singer in both Yah Boo and The Negatives and now fronts a band called the Wildcats who play in Sheffield on a semi-regular basis. Still chat with Nigel and John from the Stunt Kites and one of my bands played with them at the Penguin in Shiregreen a millio years ago. Someone else mentioned that the Drummer is now in Sparta FC and that is true, the bass player from my second band (TSI--TSA) is the singer in Sparta and they are cracking - he is Jonathon Wills.

Does anybody know the story about The Fighting Tikkas?

Does anybody know the story about The Fighting Tikkas?

Down to appear at the Hanover along with Vince Tait and the Innocents back in the late '70's weren't they ;)