Really really obscure Sheffield bands

I used to play in a band called PALIS (points and lines in space). I didn't think up the name.

Anyone ever see us? We had synths and used to play snippets of Thunderbirds programmes. Appeared at the Top Rank in a battle of the bands and came last.

I played and sang (badly!) in a band in the mid seventies with the atrocious name of 'Ichthus' !!!! The Old Harrow, Broadfield, Staniforth arms, Monsal head hotel etc etc. Had a really cracking guitarist called Nick Fletcher who I believe teaches guitar these days. Sure a lot of places did'nt want to know because of the s**t name!.

I doubt any of you can remember the Raiders but some may have seen the Mindreaders around 1964.

The Crumpet Brothers (a smile and a song) The Palace Attercliffe 1955

Does anyone remember Hobsons Choice? played a good few gigs in Sheffield in the mid 80s,I used to work with Stan who played guitar,lead singers nick name was King. Stan went on to play in bands Johnny 7,and The Seaside,both of wich had some really good gigs in Sheffield. happy days!!

Does anyone remember Hobsons Choice? played a good few gigs in Sheffield in the mid 80s,I used to work with Stan who played guitar,lead singers nick name was King. Stan went on to play in bands Johnny 7,and The Seaside,both of wich had some really good gigs in Sheffield. happy days!!

I knew Stan (aka Panny). He was mates with Treebound Story and some guys I played with in Some Party.

Don't live in Sheff any more and haven't seen him for years but imagine he still hangs around the Washington of a weekend.

There's so many obscure bands, anybody see the one gig at The Limit that The Tarantula Sister did. It managed to get a review in the Star.

How about:-

Artistic World

Life House

Edited by Steptoad
spelling

Don't think anyone mentioned Mcloskys Apocalypse ( excuse spelling ) used to go to see them at the Broadfield tavern - and pay half fare on the bus to get there.

I used to play in a band called PALIS (points and lines in space). I didn't think up the name.

Anyone ever see us? We had synths and used to play snippets of Thunderbirds programmes. Appeared at the Top Rank in a battle of the bands and came last.

Didn't Simon Beckett the novelist used to be in PALIS? I've just been to Germany and in the airport booksellers in Koln he had 3 books in their top 20 list!

Bitter sweet, anyone remember them?

Used to play at the dial house quite regularly.

It was always a good night always played to a full house,they did Jimmy hendrix ,eagles ,wishbone ash,deep purple,led zeppelin etc .

If i,m correct I think they recorded an album but it didnt do good .

Didn't Simon Beckett the novelist used to be in PALIS? I've just been to Germany and in the airport booksellers in Koln he had 3 books in their top 20 list!

He used to play in Some Party and then with Treebound Story.

I remember a gig at the library theatre by Some party and Johnny7 supported them,a good night. saw them do a few gigs at Take Two at the bottom of Stanifoth road,that was a great venue. Wow how time flies.