Really really obscure Sheffield bands

thats the one from what i remember that was quite a good track dave kilner played it to death on radio hallam around 83 or 84 ish

thats the one from what i remember that was quite a good track dave kilner played it to death on radio hallam around 83 or 84 ish

aaahh thought so, wasnt sure tho

id seen the name around in nwobhm circles before but dint know they were from sheff

a lot of the more obscure nwobhm records are worth 10s / 100s of pounds now

aaahh thought so, wasnt sure tho

id seen the name around in nwobhm circles before but dint know they were from sheff

a lot of the more obscure nwobhm records are worth 10s / 100s of pounds now

some of the prices are crazy but i make do with the reissues much cheaper or a download for the really obscure albums what will never come out

demon where a good band from the nwobhm era night of the demons is a classic highly reccomended

some of the prices are crazy but i make do with the reissues much cheaper or a download for the really obscure albums what will never come out

demon where a good band from the nwobhm era night of the demons is a classic highly reccomended

i have a few nwobhm type vinyl

jaguar

black rose

touched

blackmayne

stuff thats on neat/ebony/guardian records and tapes mostly

i have a strange 7" single on guardian records and tapes too

burlesque - fools paradise / shes got it (1978 ) (its not really metal, it sounds more bluesy)

i have a few nwobhm type vinyl

jaguar

black rose

touched

blackmayne

stuff thats on neat/ebony/guardian records and tapes mostly

i have a strange 7" single on guardian records and tapes too

burlesque - fools paradise / shes got it (1978)(its not really metal, it sounds more bluesy)

i remember the first 2 bands in that list and burlesque that one sounds very familiar i remember ebony records they had really iffy covers but i do recall for some strange reason that grim reaper who where on that label had a top 50 hit with a album in america

the neat label had some exellent bands like raven , venom fist , warfare and for some strange reason the toy dolls

i remember the first 2 bands in that list and burlesque that one sounds very familiar i remember ebony records they had really iffy covers but i do recall for some strange reason that grim reaper who where on that label had a top 50 hit with a album in america

the neat label had some exellent bands like raven , venom fist , warfare and for some strange reason the toy dolls

yeah im after warfares stuff i used to have loads, only have one album on tape now :(

cant find any for download either

i have loads of venom, top stuff :)

Do Chicken Legs Weaver count as an obscure Sheffield band?

I used to know Andy Weaver.

Oakenshield were dreadful as well. I knew Steve the bass player.

Sister Ray. They played one gig at the Beehive on West Street and were banned for "Obnoxiousnous and swearing". Shortly thereafter, they expired like a wet trump and were heard of no more.

Oakenshield were dreadful as well. I knew Steve the bass player.

Oakenshield? That's got to be one of the worst band names I've ever heard.

Anybody remember Like Ice Like Fire?

No, thankfully. Let me guess, you were the drummer.