Really really obscure Sheffield bands

Stunt Kites arestill playing (or were a few years ago).

Edited by MrStephen
double post!

i have a few nwobhm type vinyl

jaguar

black rose

touched

blackmayne

stuff thats on neat/ebony/guardian records and tapes mostly

i have a strange 7" single on guardian records and tapes too

burlesque - fools paradise / shes got it (1978 ) (its not really metal, it sounds more bluesy)

Burlesque were my Uncle's band - they were actually from Newcastle upon Tyne! This was their only record release. I've got a few tapes of live performances, practice sessions and a couple of unreleased studio tracks, including an alternative version of "She Got It".

I'd be interested to know you originally got the record, I know it didn't chart. I've been trying to piece together their history and how many records were actually sold.

Back in the day, this guy Tikka ran a sort of anarchist commune round the corner from the Hannover on Holberry Gardens (the old Havelock Square). He was supposedly a very violent man and a regular in the pub.

I've just heard that Tikka died of a heart attack last weekend.It's unfair to say that he was violent;he wasn't a bully and he didn't pick on people but he had a short fuse with people who abused their authority.His friends will miss him.

I remember Tikka and his unique style of 'dancing'. I didn't know he had a reputation for violence, he could certainly be very direct but I never found his company less than pleasurable. He frequently attached himself to my group of friends when we were drinking in the pubs around Broomspring Lane/ Fitzwilliam Street, I can remember a peculiar little ritual that took place in The Raven where Floody would give Tikka a Beef sandwich and Tikka would remove the beef, leave it on the counter and eat the bread roll. Don't remember money changing hands on any of the occasions I witnessed this. Poorer place without him.

---------- Post added 24-07-2018 at 12:56 ----------

From the early 70's. Menagerie- headline act at a free concert in Graves Park which ended in chaos with police chasing members of the audience around the park in the dark, Acid- who I don't think were particularly obscure, Myrtle - sort of Santana tribute act, Easy Joy -performed bits from a 'Rock Opera' they were working on at the Crucible Studio.

These hits and a miss 1962ish

The Mysterons, The Extras, ClockDVA

Late 70s early 80s

The Carol Anne Showband were brilliant and once played a house party for us.

Guest makapaka

Chemical child anyone?

The Raiders. We played St. Columbas, Crosspool, Saturday nights. And we played at a Fireman's Ball, somewhere on Snig Hill.

The Mysterons, The Extras, ClockDVA

Late 70s early 80s

Wouldn't say The Extra's and ClockDVA were "really, really obscure Sheffield bands" Ridgey?

Wouldn't say The Extra's and ClockDVA were "really, really obscure Sheffield bands" Ridgey?

Ok mate yield to your better knowledge. Never really been a Music aficionado. Were the Extras well known then bitd ?

Were you aware of the Mysterons ?

Does anyone remember a band called Stateline , late eighties ?. I used to work with one of their guitarists and just wondered how they went on