Encoding

i have a divx movie at 23.9fps if i wanted to encode it for playing on an english dvd player, could i just encode it as a pal dvd using something like Tmpgenc or would i have to encode it as an ntsc dvd? and would an ntsc dvd play on a pal dvd player?

any thoughts??

Best way of doing it is converting it to SVCD and sticking it on a DVD chap.

use cucusoft avi to dvd. It makes an mkv file then use ifo edit to author it.

NTSC Won't play unless u have a NTSC Compat DVD/TV. PAL All the way...

Originally posted by jonhanson

i have a divx movie at 23.9fps if i wanted to encode it for playing on an english dvd player, could i just encode it as a pal dvd using something like Tmpgenc or would i have to encode it as an ntsc dvd? and would an ntsc dvd play on a pal dvd player?

any thoughts??

I wouldn't have thought that ntsc would have played on a pal dvd player unless it is a multi region player. However I could be wrong on this as I only have a limited amount of knowledge.

i think its sorted no coz if i just use tmpgenc and select the output as pal, it seems to work fine

Originally posted by jonhanson

any thoughts??

The easiest and best options seems to be go buy a DVD player that reads DVDs as well as mp3s and DivX... I have one And I don't have to worry about what the video file is, I bang it in and it plays... Plus SVCD is really bad !

Multiregion players are an option. and no the 29.99£ player from WHSmith does not do all that ;)

Go look further for a good one. Price would be between 50 and 100£, so not to pricey.