People still smoking in pubs

Actually (despite thinking smoking is horrible) I'd protest against a complete ban on it, or against banning the import of tobacco.

It may be stupid and unpleasant, but people should be allowed to do to themselves (not anyone else, just themself) whatever they like.

So the government shouldn't try to protect people from themself, at least not by legislation. It should (and has done) protected other people from this habit though.

How about taxing heroin and crack Cyclone - plenty of dosh to be made there- wouldn't expect any other kind of nonsense from you.

Whatever. I've yet to see a sensible or consistent post from you. Ever.

You might well ridicule what is clearly a workable devise; it doesn't have to be airtight - a double doored hatch would suffice - the point is, as I've said before,

IF THE GOVERNMENT IS SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE HEALTH OF ITS PEOPLE LET THEM STOP IMPORTING TOBACCO.

It's just this kind of blatant hypocrisy that annoys me - and the petty minded intolerant morons whos pathetic lives have been so lightened by this opportunity to gloat - sad, sad people..

It's still a daft idea. As to the hypocrisy thing that doesn't hold much water either. It's like saying you should ban alcohol due to drunk drivers :roll:

Last thing - you're bored of people gloating, fair enough. I'm equally bored of smokers acting as though they're the most persecuted members of society ever. It's old and it's over. A small part of your life has been altered. Move on.

It's still a daft idea. As to the hypocrisy thing that doesn't hold much water either. It's like saying you should ban alcohol due to drunk drivers :roll:

Last thing - you're bored of people gloating, fair enough. I'm equally bored of smokers acting as though they're the most persecuted members of society ever. It's old and it's over. A small part of your life has been altered. Move on.

I couldn't couldn't give a flying fig about the ban - my pub has got a VERY comfortable smoking room dart board comfy seats etc - for friends of the landlord only of course - no serving hatch, you have to go to the lounge for drinks - big deal. I'm saying that all pubs could have a similar system.

Hypocrisy is when you are not being true to your convictions - is that easier to understand?

Like when you pretend to be concerned about something but continue to make masses of money out of it.

Think about the concept - you'll get it eventually - .

Whatever. I've yet to see a sensible or consistent post from you. Ever.

That may or may not be so cyclone - but come now - don't avoid the question.

HEROIN - A dangerous and highly addictive drug - classification; - ILLEGAL.

CRACK - A dangerous and highly addictive drug - classification; - ILLEGAL.

NICOTINE - A dangerous and highly addictive drug - classification - LEGAL -TO ANYONE OVER THE AGE OF SIXTEEN.

Who could possibly object to nicotine being CORRECTLY CLASSIFIED,

along wth the other drugs listed above that actually cause FEWER deaths than fags???

Of course smoking is unhealthy but; - please don't ignore this FACT again; I've mentioned it many times - Most people have their first experience of cigs BEFORE their thirteenth birthday.

Too young for informed or even sensible decisions.

It is simply not good enough to allow people to fall into these habits mostly when they are children, then to start getting high handed about their lack of discipline etc etc.

If the government care so much about the health of the people - let them stop the import of tobacco - SIMPLE.

Heroin and crack have the potential to cause an addict to commit crime, often violent in order to feed the habit. These are a few of the drugs which I think are correctly classified.

Others which are illegal but cause less harm than tobacco would be cannabis, ecstasy, cocaine (not crack).

There was a scale of drug harm published a year or so ago, the classifications of most drugs bear no resemblance to the harm they cause.

If you want to ingest rat poison, I think you should be allowed to do so. It's your body.

So long as it isn't likely to make you go out and mug old ladies in order to feed your rat poison habit I don't see why the government should interfere.

Hence most (but not all) drugs should be legalised, they should be brought under regulatory control and should be taxed and sold to people over 'x' age in corner shops, or supermarkets.

This would have several effects. 1) Not being illegal would take away the 'cool' factor that some people perceive in drug use.

2) Revenue to drug suppliers would disappear. These suppliers are often associated with many other forms of crime, but their source of easy cash would have gone.

3) Standards could be maintained, the products would be of a known strength and purity. No one would ever be injured because it had been cut with ground glass or rat poison, also no one would overdose because they didn't know the strength.

4) The government would raise tax revenue in a legal income stream, which at the moment is entirely black market and often funding criminals (apparently).

5) It could be a requirement of drug use in this way to visit your gp and so health checks could be done, it would also be possible to limit supply...

My drugs of choice are caffeine and alcohol, nothing else, so if you want more details on the specific substances maybe you could pm Phanethoryme and ask him to join the thread.

Regarding your point on the age of people trying smoking for the first time.

Maybe the law should be even more harsh on people who sell or supply cigarettes to under 16's, maybe the age should be raised to 18, or 21... But adults should be free to do to themselves whatever they choose.

Heroin and crack have the potential to cause an addict to commit crime, often violent in order to feed the habit. These are a few of the drugs which I think are correctly classified.

Others which are illegal but cause less harm than tobacco would be cannabis, ecstasy, cocaine (not crack).

;

I'm starting to wonder if you have any need for truth cyclone, or if it's just a psychotic need to be 'right' all of the time.

The Only reason that people do not commit crime in order to obtain fags is because they are so readily availble and relatively cheap. As for booze - the crime usually happens AFTER the act of imbibing.

CANNABIS -

cases of prolonged use show symptoms of extreme psychosis, disorientation, deterioration of motor centers and other problems relating to severe mental impairment.

ECSTACY -

A dangerous cocktail of chemicals - STRYCHNINE being a by product of its manufacture and very often contaminates the pill.

COCAINE-

ARE YOU MAD? Cocaine is currently Americas number one cause of prostitution bankruptcy and is a major cause of mental breakdown.

YET YOU ARE SAYING THAT THESE DRUGS, THOUGH ILLEGAL, CAUSE LESS HARM THAN FAGS!!

You break into these long winded replies so that people will assume you are putting a good argument forward. It is complete twaddle and still DOESN'T ANSWER THE QUESTIONS I PUT..

You shouldn't make light of this. What other laws do you think it would be ok to flaunt?

chill out love its all good :D:D

i know of 3 pubs still smoking from open till close but i aint saying where :D:D

It did answer your question, and I did it without shouting or being rude, something you seem incapable of.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5230006.stm#drugs

Try actually reading something for a change instead of ranting and shouting.

3rd least armful drug on that list is class A (ecstasy), 5th most harmful, unclassified (alcohol).

Fortunately my psychological need to be right is fulfilled all the time, particularly in discussion with people who rant but rarely bother to think.

Since you apparently missed the answer to your 'question' I'll repeat it. Heroin should remain class A, so no it should not be taxed.

chill out love its all good :D:D

i know of 3 pubs still smoking from open till close but i aint saying where :D:D

except to the smokers of course (when you have a smoke with them)

i actively encourage people to buy duty frees.

take a monetary stance against the ban and the government will soon change its ways.

since june 1st ~ £175 in tax i have avoided to pay.

call it enough to pay 2 staff nurses to work a full shift. :roll:

And you haven't spent the money elsewhere?

And you haven't spent the money elsewhere?

not yet, i might put it into savings or invest it in a patent when there is enough.