People still smoking in pubs

I know of at least two pubs that get the ashtrays out when the night is getting late and most people have gone home. Is this a common thing? have other people come across similar flouting of the law?

Both pubs landlords smoke and I wonder if this is a common theme, if the landlord smokes then the ashtrays will appear, if not then the smoking ban will be properly enforced.

Its really quite funny to watch cigarettes being smoked during cleaning, bottling up, doing the tills etc and then the ashtrays dissapearing when the doors are open to the public.

yawn.....:P

You shouldn't make light of this. What other laws do you think it would be ok to flaunt?

You shouldn't make light of this. What other laws do you think it would be ok to flaunt?

did i say i break any laws get a grip its only a landlord having a quick cig to relax at the end of a busy day , its hardly the crime of the century

Hang those people who smoke.:hihi:

Hang those people who smoke.:hihi:

give it 5 years and it will be law:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Cruelty to animals (halal)

we went out last night and the pub which is normally quite full was nearly empty although outside was thriving,i think they just wanted to get away from the nosy,complaining,whingin grassin non smokers who think they are better than everyone else,and it showed,sat all alone they were while the real people were outside having fun.

did i say i break any laws ffs get a grip its only a landlord having a quick cig to relax at the end of a busy day , its hardly the crime of the century

The point of the smoking ban though was to protect people in the workplace. What about other people who work at that pub and have to breathe in the landlord's smoke? It's a workplace even when it is closed.

Funniest thing I've seen so far was a stalwart band of nicotinos standing in the doorway of the Howard, cigarettes held out of the door and the rest of them inside the pub.

You put your ciggy arm in, your ciggy arm out, in, out, in, out and hack up a lung.:hihi:

I think that some of the replies here amply illustrate what a bunch of arrogant and selfish people that smokers are.

Perhaps the publican who smokes is a little short on the grey matter and doesn't realise that it is a criminal acitivity (and like it or not, that's exactly what it now is) doesn't go down well when applying for a licence.