People still smoking in pubs

It's a workplace even when it is closed.

When it is closed to the public, it becomes the landlords home:thumbsup:.

You shouldn't make light of this. What other laws do you think it would be ok to flaunt?

The laws an ass!!

I think that some of the replies here amply illustrate what a bunch of arrogant and selfish people that smokers are..

YAWN!!!!!!!!

I think that some of the replies here amply illustrate what a bunch of arrogant and selfish people that smokers are.

Perhaps the publican who smokes is a little short on the grey matter and doesn't realise that it is a criminal acitivity (and like it or not, that's exactly what it now is) doesn't go down well when applying for a licence.

I think that comment equally applies to non-smokers.

You shouldn't make light of this. What other laws do you think it would be ok to flaunt?

Murder....

we went out last night and the pub which is normally quite full was nearly empty although outside was thriving,i think they just wanted to get away from the nosy,complaining,whingin grassin non smokers who think they are better than everyone else,and it showed,sat all alone they were while the real people were outside having fun.

Yeah because your all just soooo coooool! Get a grip!!! It's all in your paranoid little heads. Next you'll be calling it the next apartheid! I don't want to breath your **** in an enclosed space!

Yeah because your all just soooo coooool! Get a grip!!! It's all in your paranoid little heads. Next you'll be calling it the next apartheid! I don't want to breath your **** in an enclosed space!

this is getting silly now

You might live longer,but doubt you will live at all!!

When it is closed to the public, it becomes the landlords home:thumbsup:.

I don't know a single landlord who actually lives in the pub. They might live over the pub, but in it is a different matter. It is a work place and therefore smoking in it at any time is illegal.

From the Federation of Small Businesses website:

"if you run a business from home in a part of your home that you use solely for work and either your clients come round from time to time or you have an employee working for you there, the ban will still apply."

So for instance the same would apply to newsagents etc.

You might live longer,but doubt you will live at all!!

No of course not! I don't know how to live because I don't smoke. Thats the biggest pile of complete **** snot I've ever had the misfortune to read!

No of course not! I don't know how to live because I don't smoke. Thats the biggest pile of complete **** snot I've ever had the misfortune to read!

Didn't you realise you haven't lived unless you spend a fortune on fags, stink and spend half your time coughing your lungs up?!?? :hihi: