Empty classrooms in Sheffield schools?

Many schools have empty classrooms at Primary Level. Its not always obvious as the classroom may be used as an office or a Library. The population in schools is falling.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, it's just trying to find out where they are. Obviously these schools are losing funding due to the falling numbers so it can't be a blessing to them.

WHy do you want to know why I want to know? What are you going to do with the information?

:D

I'm going to ask to rent a classroom or two.

Because I don't give anything away till I know what it's going to be used for. How did I know whether it was something to do with closing schools or anything like that?!

does it have to be a school? maybe a college would have some space

I'm looking into slipstreaming and how viable it is.

Because I don't give anything away till I know what it's going to be used for. How did I know whether it was something to do with closing schools or anything like that?!

If it was in my power to close schools I don't think I'd be using the forum to find out where the empty classrooms are. I'm sure the council have much more sophisticated methods of conducting such studies.

Why don't you ask the LEA? They would tell you if it was possible to rent classrooms.

Why don't you ask the LEA? They would tell you if it was possible to rent classrooms.

It's down to the headteacher's / governors

No it isn't exactly. Whereas the school has more control over the budget etc.. they do not own the buildings. It is the LEA which is responsible for the fabric of the building etc.. You would have to check with the LEA that there was no legal restrictions, there are a huge number of regulations about educational premises. Security being just one of them.

My sons primary school has at least 2 empty classrooms that I know of but they tend to use them if there is a book fair or something similar on. PM me if you want to know where it is.

Most school,s have control of the letting in schools these days. But be warned the price of renting a room is very expensive. i know of a group that pays up to £45 ph!

pete

at a recent school meeting we were told that y4s and y5s were to merge next term because classes were too small and the budget was too tight to replace a teacher that is leaving on Friday, so im sure that would mean empty classrooms..

at a recent school meeting we were told that y4s and y5s were to merge next term because classes were too small and the budget was too tight to replace a teacher that is leaving on Friday, so im sure that would mean empty classrooms..

Yes, this seems to happening in a few schools, leaving space available and the school dealing with loss of funds.