Help - moving to Sheffield, where are the good schools?

the area is vallelty road in heeleys ?? is that an ok place to live

It is not classed as one of the better areas. Woodseats which is a little further up the road is better for a similar budget.

Valley Road is a typical terrace houses road. It's not the worst place in the world to live, the problem with Heeley/Meersbrook (which is where I live so I feel I can comment) is the secondary schools. The local school is going through a hard time at the moment, unless you are catholic (practicing catholic, which would meen you could get in All Saints Catholic High School, which is where my girls are ) The best areas ( my opinion ) in Sheffield for secondary school is Sheffield 10 or 11, then maybe Sheffield 17, but with that the prices of the houses are a lot more expensive. At the moment I have a house in Sheffield 11 - Nethergreen which I am looking to rent to a family. It's a large house. If you want anymore details please PM me. But if Heeley/Meersbrook had a quality secondary school I would recommend the area to any young family

Good Luck !

the area is vallelty road in heeleys ?? is that an ok place to live

I lived on Valley road, heeley (or is it meersbrook?) and it was great, though no idea about schools, I didn't have kids back then.

my daughter is just going into her last year at sheffield springs academy( mrytle springs),she is doing really well there please don't assume all pupils don't succeed, and it has got better.

Dronfield has fantastic nursery, infants , junior schools . Think the senior school is pretty much on a par with any outher decent school in the area.

my daughter is just going into her last year at sheffield springs academy( mrytle springs),she is doing really well there please don't assume all pupils don't succeed, and it has got better.

Agreed. We need to get away from this 'top schools mentality'. League tables have played a role in this, but the bottom line is when your child is applying for a job / college / uni place, they will have to write down their qualifications and also what they have done at school (sports teams, music/ drama projects, enterprise etc). It's more about what you do with your time at school now rather than what you achieve.

Agreed. We need to get away from this 'top schools mentality'. League tables have played a role in this, but the bottom line is when your child is applying for a job / college / uni place, they will have to write down their qualifications and also what they have done at school (sports teams, music/ drama projects, enterprise etc). It's more about what you do with your time at school now rather than what you achieve.

You still have to pick the right school for the child. Unless you have a tough and seriously independent/mature child, they will suffer at one of the more rowdy schools, they'll get stomped on and never learn anything. Swotty kids will not do well in terms of personal development at sporty schools, nor would they fluorish where the atmosphere is tough.

And 'experiences' won't get you into Oxbridge ;)

Frecheville is a good area - apart from the shops and the park/pond. Birley Community school is good. A Birley Comp is aswell.

Hi,could you please recommend me the best nurseries in Dronfield?

We used lenthall , because it's also the infant school , and they were brilliant .