Strange lights in the sky over sheffield last night (14/07/07)

Did anybody notice strange lights over sheffield last night?

I was driving near west street and saw what looked like 8 - 10 orange lights floating slowly over ecclesall rd area, quite high up in the sky:confused:

yes me and my boyfriend saw them we were at the prince off ecclesall road we were stood outside having a drink when we saw them they baffled us .

I can only come to one conclusion....we have been visited by extra terrestials :suspect:

did no one else seen the lights???

yep. outside a pub on london road 7 in all mate told me its a new craze with students somehow they light up hellium balloons.

Me and my friend saw them off my back garden in wisewood. We watched three bright orange lights travel in what looked like arc flight path for about three minutes. Don't think it was ballons, the flight seemed controlled. Strangest thing i've ever seen.

Me and my friend saw them off my back garden in wisewood. We watched three bright orange lights travel in what looked like arc flight path for about three minutes. Don't think it was ballons, the flight seemed controlled. Strangest thing i've ever seen.

Its taken from a practise out in thailand/far east of releasing lanterns into the air.

probably been brought back by backpackers.

I saw those blue flashes again last night in the sky, although only 3 of them. This was from just by Millhouses park as it went dark.

There was a thread on the blue flashes recently and it was put down to thunder but again there was no noise.

I didn't see the orange ones though.

I saw those blue flashes again last night in the sky, although only 3 of them. This was from just by Millhouses park as it went dark.

There was a thread on the blue flashes recently and it was put down to thunder but again there was no noise.

I didn't see the orange ones though.

Sorry lalaland, it was lightning again, a long way off, hence no thunder. My daughter was driving up from Lichfield last night and it was the same all the way home.

Yes we saw the lights on saturday in woodseats whilst having a barbie.

There were 10 lights in all.They we're definetly not balloons to high and far away.

They we're an orange colour and seemed to be following each other.

It was amazing to watch. Spooky eh, we are not alone!!!!

Did anybody notice strange lights over sheffield last night?

I was driving near west street and saw what looked like 8 - 10 orange lights floating slowly over ecclesall rd area, quite high up in the sky:confused:

Yes ten orange lights all heading in the same direction and all disapearing at the same place....Strange days in deed.