Does zero gravity exist?

Oh for God sake.. argue all you like. I like to see you argue that with your teachers at A level and see if you would pass the test with flying colours if you write in your working out that "inifinity does not equate to zero, so therefore my integration or differentiation is plausible and acceptable". :rolleyes:

In postulation of theories and concepts, you do use reduction of numbers so that it makes a theory work better, or more plausible and acceptable by that particular Principle or Theory which you are working with. This kind of deduction and reduction of factors is very acceptable in scientific studies. If you just want to throw in a single fact and brand thatit should be all encompassing and all acceptable, then I have nothing more to say. Cos it then just sound as if there won't be further discussion on the subject.

Well, it seems you have to be confrontational in every post, so I'll leave you to your ignorance.

That would be like the 'brilliant' and 'accurate' science of black holes in the DW episode 'impossible planet'

Bago and everyone: if you don't agree with someone, just don't reply to them. We can have a nice discussion here without resorting to insults. Being rude or insulting doesn't get your point across or make your argument any more valid.

Being rude does not make a point more valid, which is true, but if you want credibility in the eyes of your readers, then do not come out with stupid comments either. Which I suppose is what the likes of Ford has tried to do to me, and I tried very stressfully tried that with saxon51. Really, maybe I should have barked at saxon51 like Ford has barked at me! LOL. I thought that would be even more rude, but... it seems to be more acceptable to tell someone where they are wrong instead? Hm...

Your modified and correct new claim "that planets influences others in a gravitational manner" is fundamentally different from saying that "all planets' gravities are actually a byproduct of the Sun's own gravitational pull" which is what you actually said originally. I pointed out your bizarre error:

and got this response from you:

You can try and talk patronising guff about talking down to people's level now all you like but the fact remains that so far in this thread you've come across as someone who learnt all they know about gravity from watching old episodes of Doctor Who

Wow, two years on.. and you are still hurting?! Gosh.

You may argue that the Sun is the centre of the whole gravitational pull, or you can say that it is due to the different gravity pull of all the other planets which makes the current galaxy look like it does. The way it circles and so forth. You can use either argument, as it is all plausible, and the real discussion is whether you can prove that theory by deduction.

For you to come out with that as if it is "true" without cause and especially when it is pointed out to you that the level of discussion was very basic then, it and was... very obtuse at that point. Sorry, but it did. Once you did that, all I can and could do was to imitate you to take the mick. lol. Cos you hardly respected other people then either. So that is why I normally ignore you. I'm sure you have done the same to me too.

[Added] If I get my sources from Dr Who, then you must really just plagerise from some online text, cos hardly of what you write makes sense. You also do not try at least to be on the same wavelength scientifically to your readers, and maybe you like that... and if you wish to speak about that without interactions, then why write it out for anybody to see?

Well, it seems you have to be confrontational in every post, so I'll leave you to your ignorance.

Karis, I have no idea where you come from in all of this, but it is clear that there was some old topics and thread which some members are still here. If you wish to take jibes, or wish to drag up old feuds, and partake in that, then so be it. I find it patronising of you to now say that people should not get involved if they do not wish to discuss in an amicable manner. I have already said that point in one of my post. IF you were decent enough to acknowledge and read that. I know I have not done this is because some people decidedly be personal. It is BECAUSE some of these people despite not reading the thread and to understand the conversation that you will get bitten and people will indeed retaliate back.

Sorry, but I think you ought to leave my particular posts alone, if you cannot follow the argument about the gravity in this particular thread.

[Added] I find it nonsensical that I was trying to correct someone, and question the validty of their comments, and then to be taken out of context and then questioned on the validity of the invalidity! lol. Where exactly will it stop? Also, DO people follow the argument any more? No, is what I think.

Being rude does not make a point more valid, which is true, but if you want credibility in the eyes of your readers, then do not come out with stupid comments either.

The lack of self awareness and depths of self delusion necessary for you of all people to come out with such comments is truly impressive.

The lack of self awareness and depths of self delusion necessary for you of all people to come out with such comments is truly impressive.

That's a very indirect way to say "Bago, I find you an absolute tosspot, and a rude so and so", isn't it?

To be frank Plekhanov, I already know that is what you think of me, and I also find that of yourself too. Not to be aware, and continually to do the same anal stuff too, and that is why... I have time and time again said this to yourself, and Cyclone that we should indeed steer clear of each other's way.

You can continue to nitpick all you like, cos frankly, I do not have to take this poo anymore. Maybe I should indeed put you on ignore also, which I have not done yet.

At least I respected Saxon51, and asked him why he thought it was plausible in a way to engage the discussion, rather than your aggressive tone and say that it is wrong, but without basis to back up your own argument too. When I wrote about the relative mass point, you seemed to have missed that entirely, cos I was indeed talking to him one on one of why he thought that gravity will affect an atom so much, that he thinks it was gravity which holds the objects on planet Earth. If that was the case, then when outside in space, any object would disintegrate. Yet, it was not the case. so something much stronger than gravity must be at play here. This was what I was talking about. Now, if you were serious about, then you would at least acknowledge and discuss this, rather than going offtopic and ranting off at some other random topic. Or to start attacking on singular points.

"your aggressive tone"

"I find you an absolute tosspot, and a rude so and so"

"same anal stuff"

"I do not have to take this poo"

Mmhm.

If you do not acknowledge this, then at least acknowledge the context of my written words to this guy. If you do not care for the context and prose of the English language, then does that mean you do not understand English well? I would also advice you to go and brush up on that too!

Being rude does not make a point more valid, which is true, but if you want credibility in the eyes of your readers, then do not come out with stupid comments either.

Classic.

10/10

Oh please read the thread! It would be useful if you started from the beginning. Cos Saxon5 was playing devil's advocate and insisted that the mass of the atom and molecule was subjected by gravity and has an effect on the objects like planets. I said that it is absolutely ridiculous! Therefore I wrote IN CONTEXT may I add, that these molecules have no mass!

The atoms and moluecules have no mass when compared in relation to the forces which are subjected to the Earth.

So please DO NOT take a single sentence out of the context of that discussion alone.

If you care to look, I have then also written and said that the mass was relative, cos Saxon51 was definitely playing that proud card and INSISTED to twist the words and terms to suit.

In context, YOU ARE WRONG.

It's just basic physics, molecules and atoms have mass, they have an effect on anything else with mass, including planets and stars.

Your problem with me is that I don't hesitate to point out when you're wrong and for some reason you take offence at that.

Classic.

10/10

Definitely, Chemist! After TWO years, as I said, I have discovered the same tactics and used it on the same people, and guess what... they don't like it! They don't even recognise it. Surprise!

Definitely, Chemist! After TWO years, as I said, I have discovered the same tactics and used it on the same people, and guess what... they don't like it! They don't even recognise it. Surprise!

Are you special?

Is there something that you want to tell us?

Is there any reason that you will not properly debate or listen to reason.

Are you on day release??

Are you special?

Is there something that you want to tell us?

Is there any reason that you will not properly debate or listen to reason.

Are you on day release??

No. But people seem to give me "special" treatment, rather than focus back on the thread and the subject. They seem to quote and really go for someone personally than their written words. So what do they expect?

No, there isn't. Why?

Is there any reason why someone cannot see when someone else tried to debate with them in a kind way without them being obtuse for the sake of it? If you do not understand something, or if something does not make sense in your mind, would you not kidnly ask, rather than to start insulting? As saxon51 had, when he said something obtuse even when I continued to give a decent reasonable explaination.

Is there any reason for anyone to not overlook mistakes when made, but they should continue with the discussion anyway? Cos why did they pluck out the " molecules have mass" comment and stuck with that, when the context was when compared to a bigger particle, it has no mass? Do they not read the whole thread? Or will they even acknowledge it and my comment anyway, rather than to ignore it now? Cos then it does and will make me think that nor were they in it for the discussion either. Same as their own actions too.

No. Are you on day release? Are you on drugs? Cos chemist is on drugs apparently, and he is taking a bite cos I disputed his comment on another drug thread, and not he is also grabbing a bite too. Do you not see? Hm....