Love for pets and animals

They breed IGs to dalmatians in America to get 'mini dals' :( Makes me wonder how they don't break them :(

Not just how they don't break them, but how a certain proportion of the puppies aren't just deadly to their mother by their size! I assume that the only way round this works is with the IG as the dad and the dally as the mum- although that begs another question as to who makes the stilts for the dog.

Not just how they don't break them, but how a certain proportion of the puppies aren't just deadly to their mother by their size! I assume that the only way round this works is with the IG as the dad and the dally as the mum- although that begs another question as to who makes the stilts for the dog.

Might have been a lot more clinical than that actually- the dad to my Ailsa was so popular a stud dog that they even had frozen sperm available...

i love greyhounds i think there realy cute x

I do too- but italian greyhounds are gorgeous (and expensive to buy and so petite but boy can they eat!)

I've got two rabbits (one who lives with me - Princess - and one who doesn't - Peanut) Five cats (Lacey, Tammy, Jerome, Big boy and little boy) and three dogs (bracken, an Italian greyhound, Titch, a JR x staffy and Trixie a chocolate Labrador puppy).. Oh and a hamster called Snitch
They are nice names.

We fell in love with the italian greyhounds at crufts this year- one in the discover dogs area kept trying to sneak into my bag...gorgeous little things but oh so dainty- I dont think the daft dobe would be a good companion somehow---same applies to my fave toy breed- English Toy Terrier- we went to see some pups in Manchester about 3 years ago, almost bought one but voice of reason persuaded me a pup the size of a small cat n a clumsy big daft dobe might be recipe for disaster. At least cats can jump out of the way when she is clod-hopping about the house...Oh well!
That is really nice.

I think it's probably IG sires and artifical insemination used but I've never really looked into it!

Katkin, the link you gave is for a kennel who claim that their minidals are bred from purebred dalmatians - AS IF! They don't even look like dalmatians. I think that particular kennel tends to use chihuahuas as you will see some of them look like spotty chihuahuas.

Very sad isn't it - I can't begin to list the health problems associated with this sort of breeding but I'm forever glad that my dallies are as robust as they are because their characters get them into so many scrapes I don't know how 'mini dalmatians' don't kill themselves :(

I think it's probably IG sires and artifical insemination used but I've never really looked into it!

Katkin, the link you gave is for a kennel who claim that their minidals are bred from purebred dalmatians - AS IF! They don't even look like dalmatians. I think that particular kennel tends to use chihuahuas as you will see some of them look like spotty chihuahuas.

Very sad isn't it - I can't begin to list the health problems associated with this sort of breeding but I'm forever glad that my dallies are as robust as they are because their characters get them into so many scrapes I don't know how 'mini dalmatians' don't kill themselves :(

Some dogs are like that, the dog that me and my mum dad have got runs to the front door and can never stop herself and bangs in to the wall we don't why she hasn't got headache by now.

the photo mentioned

( http://www.miniaturedalmatians.com/Images/dalmation_fullsize/Comparison%20Standard%20to%20Toy.jpg )

to me, actually just looks like an ordinary mum-and-puppy shot. the "mini dal" does not look like an adult, in any way. the proportions are pupp-ish, and everything. I'm more than a bit sceptical.

I agree with Lotti's scepticism, too, as if... of course the pups aren't going to be in any way pure bred, as there is a mix, to supposedly bring the size down.

As for the Kennel club rules, to be accepted as a genuine breed, the KC sstates quite categotrically, that a bred has to have pure bloodlines that go back over a hundred years (IIRC). Jack Russell Terriers, as a case in point, have not been accepted as pure by the KC, I think, until very recently, because of this lineage issue.

Is there anyone who like's dolphins because i love dolphins

i love dolphins

i have

4 cats called Mossy, Lula, Mimi minxface and Alfie

1 syrian hamster called Beans

1 Russian Dwarf Hamster called Kiytu (pronounced keytoe)

1 massive netherland dwarf rabbit called Blossom

and 2 adorable mice called Macymop and Bellatrix

:D

i love dolphins

i have

4 cats called Mossy, Lula, Mimi minxface and Alfie

1 syrian hamster called Beans

1 Russian Dwarf Hamster called Kiytu (pronounced keytoe)

1 massive netherland dwarf rabbit called Blossom

and 2 adorable mice called Macymop and Bellatrix

:D

I have always wanted to swim with them but i've near done it.