Handsworth mob & other Sheffield teen & pre-teen 'gangs' - Opinions?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Good spot by person who found the site. I keep thinking it may be a Brass Eye type gag. But no it is Sheffield 2007. I hope there is not an Oughtibridge 'posse'.

Nice one! Will keep me and the lads on MSN entertained for a while. :hihi:

My cousin used to be like those lads, joined the army a year ago, is now in Iraq and an absolute bloody superstar. Changed so much it's amazing.

Also, is it pretty bad that I understand all their lingo?!

EDIT : Recognise a couple of the S6 mob actually. Love the fact they're all in school uniform though. Very G@/VG$T@H.

:hihi:Wheres the guns,drugs,dogs stolen cars etc. What a joke, lets hope the Mancs or Scousers come down and shoot all lot of em!!!!:rant:

But didn't everyone used to hang out in groups or gangs when they were kids? OK, not as extreme and with any kind of 'identity' maybe.......is this not just a group of kids hanging out together rather than a gang of deliquent wannabe gangsters?????

I would be tempted to agree with you except for the rather prolific display of weapons in many of the photos!!!

Yes, I hung around with a group of mates, we'd ride our bikes, climb trees, go fishing for minnows in the local stream, go hunting for crabs on the foreshore in amongst all the mud, and had a whale of a time without scaring the living daylights out of the general populous! I think the worst thing we did was the odd bit of trespass at the huge house down at Langstone! (This was in Hampshire BTW).

Bless :D

I see their Gene pool had all but dried up then? :P

PMSL :hihi:

How cool is that site :D a load of wallies all in one place for us to laugh at

well you got to be ARD to put up with all the giggling they are going to get from that.

I'm laughing at the one on the S2 page who styles himself after a pigeon-chested zombie. Brilliant.

Makes quite a handy guide as to which schools not to choose, too. ;)

Guest Mod_Man

It's fair enough swiping at the kids, they do look quite foolish but what about criticising the parents?

Myself and a friend went to Leeds the other day by train and the journey there was pleasant, we had a nice day shopping ( even though Leeds is a bit over hyped ) and all was well. Then we started our journey home. A gang of tracksuit wearing, foul mouthed, racist chanting yobs decided to board our train. Though why the police let them get on the train after they had just arrested one of them for racist abuse was beyond me. The journey from Leeds to Barnsley was a disgrace, they were abusive to other travellers and staff, extremely noisy with their offensive chants, drunk, they vandalised the toilet and generally intimidated every passenger on the train, to give them credit though, they did calm down by Barnsley. However, at Barnsley station another gang got on, these weren't quite so bad as there was really only one trouble causer amongst them, he decided he was going to stick his legs in to the gangway and not move them for anyone who said excuse me yet when they did try to pass would give them grief and tell them to say excuse me, he was also a foul mouthed, drunk with yob like behaviour. Now the thing is, not one of them was under the age of 30. With the prospective parents of today acting like that, what chance do the kids have?

Evolution in action? YE GODS.

:gag::gag:

The problem in my opinion is that there is no respect for people these days.

I am in my early thirties and i had a couple of years at school where there was the fear of Corporal punnishment. I was slippered a few times and i still remember why and that i had acted wrongly. Then by the time i was in secondary school, i was in classes of kids that were telling the teacher to F*** **F and all the teacher could do was, ask them to calm down.

Kids then were starting to threaten school staff with the line. "I will say you have hit me!"

Now instead of the kids Respecting the Teachers & Elders, its the older generation that fear the kids.

In my Job in retail i have even heard kids say to their parents buy me this or i will phone child line / social services.

That is why in my opinion that some people under the age of 35 have no respect for anyone but themselves.

:rant::rant:

The problem in my opinion is that there is no respect for people these days.

I am in my early thirties and i had a couple of years at school where there was the fear of Corporal punnishment. I was slippered a few times and i still remember why and that i had acted wrongly. Then by the time i was in secondary school, i was in classes of kids that were telling the teacher to F*** **F and all the teacher could do was, ask them to calm down.

Kids then were starting to threaten school staff with the line. "I will say you have hit me!"

Now instead of the kids Respecting the Teachers & Elders, its the older generation that fear the kids.

In my Job in retail i have even heard kids say to their parents buy me this or i will phone child line / social services.

That is why in my opinion that some people under the age of 35 have no respect for anyone but themselves.

:rant::rant:

It's horrifying, but you are quite right.

I'm pleased to say though, that I have many friends under the age of 30 (I'm in my late 30's) and they have values very much akin to my own. In fact, one of them (a lad in his early 20's) is disgusted at the way his generation behave towards others and their property.

It's people like him that give me hope that anarchy isn't as close as we fear.