Sign in to follow this  

Another (probably dumb) mobile question

If I buy one of these...

http://www.virginmobile.com/mobile/phones/MOT-STD-C200-1?actual=MOT-STD-C200-2B

...can I use the simm card from my old O2 phone in it ? I have about £11 credit left on the O2 simm and I hate throwing money away.

Not all that keen on spending it in the first place, - but that seems to be a genetic trait of many Yorkshire folk ;)

Probably not as Virgin sim lock their handsets too. My best suggestion would be to try and get hold of a handset that has been unlocked or isn't sim locked in the first place. I suppose the other option would be to have that one unlocked once you have bought it.

Many thanks Wendy...the light is beginning to dawn on this mobile phone business. Noticed a couple of places in town that do "unlocking" but never thought much about what was meant by this. Probably cost more than a tenner to have it done, but I suppose the old phone will be handy as a standby.

If your concern is getting your old mobile number - then you can by getting your PAC (Port Authorisation Code) from o2, tell Virgin and bob's your uncle. You can get it unlocked - not sure how much it is. AFAIK, there are one of two ways of doing this:

1) Dodgy guy does it down the pub

2) Legit - done at a store that has the write equipment/know-how of how to do it.

Alex