The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Hi I can make tomorrow, sent a pm :)

Right, is there any good drop-in barbers in Sheffield?

Reason:

I always used to go to Fella's in Crooks even though I live in Nether Edge, but after today I am never going to use them again! Its not that they do bad cuts nor the price. Just that I called them today, asked when they are closing. I was told 4:30pm. So I jumped into my car and off I went to Crooks. On arrival I claimed a parking space and promptly walked to Fella's arriving at approx 4:10pm. I was then told as I walked in, they are closing and they wouldn't cut my hair! So a completely wasted journey!

Are there any other drop-in barbers in Sheffield, preferably the Nether Edge area that anyone would recommend?

I think they meant they were closing at 4.30pm so if you arrived at 4.10pm 20mins isn't long enough to cut someones hair. Maybe they should have explained it better, but i don't think were fobbing you off.

x

Do wigs and warpaint still require models? for cut and colour and roughly how much are the models expected to pay?

Not at the moment for cut and colours. The trainees are concentrating on something else throughout August, but do try calling the salon in September when I'm sure they'll be needing models again.

Usually DIY at home but want a salon colour this time round. Also have a friend who's been pale blonde for years who fancies going darker. But we've both had bad experiences in the past....me, where they've made me too dark; and my friend, too ashy.

Some colourists are better than others - so who gets the thumbs up from you?

Sarah at Pride Beauchief, is my colourist, and holds the highest 'honours' that Wella can bestow. In fact all the girls who work there are very good. she does the mixing/colouring herself. You won't be disappointed.

try One Eleven Hair on Halifax road the stylists are experts in colour and cut :-)

I'm going for a restyle at the Headlines Elite place on Fargate next week, they said £5-10 for a restyle :)

I went to New Hairlines/Headlines today (Firth Park) and have to say, WOW! Wasnt sure at first, got home, its been like this for 9 hours now and I have to say, I love it!! £15 for it washed, cut, thinned out, feathered in, blowdry and straighten. :)

I went to New Hairlines/Headlines today (Firth Park) and have to say, WOW! Wasnt sure at first, got home, its been like this for 9 hours now and I have to say, I love it!! £15 for it washed, cut, thinned out, feathered in, blowdry and straighten. :)
That is right good I'm going to go there tosort my lion's mane :D x

To add to this thread (sorry for hijacking it!), but I have naturally mousey brown hair ( I think, haven't seen the natural colour for years!)... self dyed darker and is dark brown. Really would love to go blonde- but multi-toned blonde.

Any ideas where I could go? Last time I tried highlights on Eccy Rd somewhere they went ginger 'cause of the colour on my hair. Could I get my hair stripped etc or does it wreck your hair?

I also need a nail technician and hairdresser i live in handsworth near asda but theres one catch i need it done today :/

I've got a question...and im not too sure how to go about it so im just gonna type and see what happends lol.

I'm looking for some hair extensions, but the dread type that braid into my own hair. I've always fancied pullin off the Bob M Look and fancy a nice change lol.

Does anyone know a hairdressers that would supply and/or fit them for me?...

I live in rotherham but dont mind traveling.

If anyone could help me that'd be great!...I'm looking forward to a new look rather than the same old me everyday.