The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

I don't mind Taylor Taylor, rather pay a bit more for a decent quality cut.

Taylor Taylor is ok but as you say, a bit expensive and usually quite busy. Hillsborough doesn't have a good barbers from what I've found, unfortunately.

I stopped using barbers years ago.

An eight pound purchase of hair clippers from Argos has saved me millions over the years.

Next week, I'm looking at buying my first ocean going yatch.:)

Taylor Taylor is ok but as you say, a bit expensive and usually quite busy. Hillsborough doesn't have a good barbers from what I've found, unfortunately.

Pop up the road a bit to Walkley and there is Janettes on Commonside. I've been going there for about 13 years.

As a boy it was Graham's in dirty park but since I've been to Emma's I'm hillsborough

Emms barbers leppings lane next to football ground been there 20 years fantastic barbers

Pop up the road a bit to Walkley and there is Janettes on Commonside. I've been going there for about 13 years.

Not surprised mate...:wink:

I have to give a vote to MenZone at Intake. I am, to say the least, hardly a walking advert but when I do drag myself in, I do exit looking almost human.

Emms barbers leppings lane next to football ground been there 20 years fantastic barbers

I'll give it a go, thanks for the recommendation.

I have to give a vote to MenZone at Intake. I am, to say the least, hardly a walking advert but when I do drag myself in, I do exit looking almost human.

I may try them out next time, only went twice but that was over 5 years ago.

---------- Post added 04-04-2014 at 11:14 ----------

John's Hairstyling on Beighton Road in Woodhouse was good as well, not been there for years either.

When I can drag myself out of bed early enough I will use 2 sorrellas on White lane at Gleadless town end.

Always busy hence the early start but always a good cut and the staff are very friendly

But when I'm in the city centre i'll use Taylor Taylor

A topic close to my heart, as I've had a hard time finding somewhere convenient and reasonably priced that actually knows how to cut a beard. There are a lot of trendy new places who call themselves barbers, but actually just gents hairdressers who don't know the first thing about cutting hair below the sideburns.

The worst culprit I've experienced is Savils on Chapel Walk. Supposedly a Barbers, they couldn't fathom how to trim my moustache with full-sized hair clippers and just ended up jamming the plastic guard up my nose. Also, avoid the new 'Barber Barber' place in Meadowhall like the plague. I thought I'd try them out for a head shave and beard trim and they charged me £22. For less than 10 minutes work.

I normally either go to the Sharrow Vale Barbershop, which is very reasonable, or The Cutting Crew on London Road, where they are a bit more but probably do a slightly nicer job.

The old ball and chain uses some Argos value clippers on mine, it's worked out at 72p a cut so far