The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

I've been going to the one at woodseats every 3-4 weeks for over 12 months now. However the last time I went I ended up with an uneven cut. I always gave them either £4 or £5. Any recommendations for a good sub £10 place (preferably one that doesn't get hair down your back)?

We take my son to the one in Hillsborough precinct, he's severely disabled and until about a year ago, we used to cut his hair ourselves, which was a nightmare experience, but the hairdressers only came about by chance.

There is a bloke in there, who for some reason, my boy has taken to in a huge way. He doesn't cry, doesnt wriggle too much, and him having a haircut is soooo much easier - for only £3!

The only bad experience we've had there is once taking him, to find usual bloke was on holiday and there was a young female there, who wasn't happy about cutting his hair whilst he was in his wheelchair.

ive used them for my sons hair any twice now and both times it was shocking, we go to bach in chapeltown and its only £7.50 and both my sons love it.

I cut my own and I have to say the service is excellent.

Does anyone know where Jamie went - I've searched for years for a good hairdresser and now he's vanished! I think Saks, Sheffield was his business - I called to re-arrange an already confirmed appointment but the telephone number had been disconnected.

I just had to check out his facebook profile,to see what all the fuss is about lol.

And the guys profile piccy makes him look like Jazz from fresh prince of bel air lol.

Must be a damn good barber tho with all the fuss.

Hi can anyone recommend a good hairdresser than can cut curly hair?Preferably in the s8 area?My 8 yr old daughter has really curly hair and I am yet to find a stylist that can cut it properly.They all say they can but then wet it and hack the bottom off like they would straight hair.Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated:)Thanks

Sarah at Pride Beauchief cross roads, is very good and will do a consultation first.

I can highly recommend my friend Sam, she does mine and is anazing!!! she does sew in weave- they're kindest for your hair and last 6-8 weeks! She only charges £7.50 per row for first appointment (£15 after that) and is mobile so comes to your house! You get your own hair! Her phone number is 07818421021 if anyone wants to ask questions!

Hi I am getting married on Sunday the 23rd Oct in sheffield, however as i dont currently live in sheffield am wanting to find out if there are any good hairdressers that are open on a sunday that can do bridal hair really well or that are mobile for them to come to me

thanks S