The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Hello everyone, if your looking for a hair cut . I would recommend bako barber the shop is located in darnall

I've started using Eleanor Abell at ETTO in Brinsworth for my hair. Its just by the bridge an the edge of Canklow. There are other hairdressers in there as they rent chairs. There is a clothes shop and Tattoo parlour and a gents barber in there. Gents barber does shaves too.

I'm wanting to know where Neil is working now please, he was working at Saviles Barber shop devnshire street sheffield.. any help would be great thanks.. great barber great guy! Cheers

Just saw this after getting a notification in this thread.

He now owns Born Lucky Barbershop in Fulwood.

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could recommend a hairdressers for me to take my 2 year old daughter to? I'm in hillsborough, but could go to town if needed.

Thanks

After having my hair dyed black for a while and my grey coming through everytime I decided to have a change. I wanted to go silver so my hair wouldn't need dying and I could embrace the grey. I went to a local salon (not my regular one) and the girl there said it can be done but would take few sessions and will need stripping and lighting up. I was in there approx 8 hours and I was £120 lighter! I was told to come back after a couple of weeks and the next stage can begin. With hindsight I didn't go back because I was ill. I went back to my usual salon who informed me that my hair could never be the colour I want and whoever stripped my long hair has ruined it and mis-informed me that it can! I could have lost all my hair! They did a strand test which proved it right! So my only option is to wait now and go back dark! I've been lucky. So now what do I do? Can I get my money back? Or do I put it down to a bad experience?

After having my hair dyed black for a while and my grey coming through everytime I decided to have a change. I wanted to go silver so my hair wouldn't need dying and I could embrace the grey. I went to a local salon (not my regular one) and the girl there said it can be done but would take few sessions and will need stripping and lighting up. I was in there approx 8 hours and I was £120 lighter! I was told to come back after a couple of weeks and the next stage can begin. With hindsight I didn't go back because I was ill. I went back to my usual salon who informed me that my hair could never be the colour I want and whoever stripped my long hair has ruined it and mis-informed me that it can! I could have lost all my hair! They did a strand test which proved it right! So my only option is to wait now and go back dark! I've been lucky. So now what do I do? Can I get my money back? Or do I put it down to a bad experience?

Personally I would have had it done once then see the condition before having it gone again. A patch test should be done for allergy and also a strand test to see if your hair is in good enough condition.

If it were me, I would have it cut short then have woven highlights or lowlights of your chosen colour. Eleanor at ETTO just of junction 33 of the M1 is expert at colouring. I have mine done there. Woven colour is better than full head if you are transitioning colours gently.

Does anyone know Lucre that worked at the Hair and Nails salon on Exchange St.

Have tried to find him without success,any information would be very welcome

As to where I could contact him.

So he's got his balms, oils and waxes for his beard. Hubby is now after some recommendations of where he should go to keep his face fuzz in tip top shape please. He's willing to travel around Sheffield if necessary.

Many thanks in advance.

Genuine question. By black barbers I mean the kind of barbers like on the Wicker where all the pictures in the window are of black guys, the barber is a black guy, the customers are black...can they cut white guy hair? Is black/white hair different to cut?

It's inevitable that somebody will be offended by this question but I'd like to know because these barbers open late and that would be convenient for me

Dunno about barber's but for ladies some do some don't.

Best checking but cutting is cutting afaik it's treatments/perms/colours that need to be for afro.

Yes, they can. White barbers can cut black hair. Anyone can cut anyone's hair, but as someone else has observed, the best way is to ask.

I go to a barbers in a largely Asian area, with Pakistani staff. I've seen white Europeans, Roma, British Asians, white Brits, black Brits and black Africans having their hair cut there.