The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Are their any trans/crossdresser friendly hairdressers around the Sheffield area? preferably a home salon or somewhere very quiet to get shoulder length hair made more feminine.

does anyone know of places that need hair models to have a practice on? I was going to 284 hair on Ecclesall Road, but just lately they are keeping me waiting half - to an hour before they start - I get that they will be slower and need to wait for the trainer to be with them - but seriously - an hour before they even start on me- no way!

I need a hairdresser to get a full head of highlights and a trim. Can anyone recommend someone? Chapeltown or Hillsborough would be ideal, I work near Kelham Island, but don't finish until 4.30pm and I don't drive.

I've left it last minute so it's probably too late, but I need it doing before Friday.

Also, I have ridiculously long hair, so it takes forever to get all the foils in!

I've tried a couple of local salons but they are busy

:help:

Hi,

I am desperate to find a reasonable priced hairdressers around the city centre/ S2, S7, S11, S8 area. I've previously been spoilt by a hairdresser who charged me £48 for a base colour/ highlights. The cheapest quote I can get now is £80 and it's just not affordable for me. Please help!

NT

I've gone to Heaven on Pinstone Street in the city centre the last few times I've had my hair done. They charge me about £52 for a full head of highlights and a trim. And my hair is stupidly long so it takes a good 3 hours to complete it. It's a walk in service, but I'm never usually waiting long :)

Hairband is open until 7.30 on Tuesday and 8pm on Wednesday and Thursday, it might be a bit out of the way for you though (Ecclesall Road).

try a mobile one, they look like your best bet.

I need a hairdresser to get a full head of highlights and a trim. Can anyone recommend someone? Chapeltown or Hillsborough would be ideal, I work near Kelham Island, but don't finish until 4.30pm and I don't drive.

I've left it last minute so it's probably too late, but I need it doing before Friday.

Also, I have ridiculously long hair, so it takes forever to get all the foils in!

I've tried a couple of local salons but they are busy

:help:

Meadowhall... Train from Chap if you rely on public transport.

Dos anybody know the opening times of nevios barbers on heeley green shops? Rang up friday using a number on the internet abd it was a woman telling me id got the wrong number :hihi:

Or dos anybody know any other barbers around that area and how much?

Thanks.

Has anyone with long hair tried an of those 'easy bun' clasp / roll up things? I have long layered hair and I'm looking for something to take up my hair when swimming or sunbathing. I used to have a comb and a band but they don't sell them any more. My hair is too heavy to secure with just an bobble / band type thing.

Can you suggest anything? As its layered I can plait it myself.

I have very long hair and I've noticed it's too heavy for the clasp. I usually plait or tie mine in a bun.

I have very long hair and I've noticed it's too heavy for the clasp. I usually plait or tie mine in a bun.

My hair is layered to reduce thickness but its also wavy, curly and very soft / slippy. I can't plait it myself fo rthese reasons. Most ordinary things won't hold it. I need something to tie it in a bun on the top. its too heavy to put on the back of my head unless its in my neck. The sheer weight tugs at the roots of my hair and my skin on my scalp. I can't lie down if its on the back of my neck.

I used to twist it into a spiral as I brought it up the back of my head. I then put a large comb behind the twist and pulled a wide 'elastic' over the top and let the ends dangle down to cover the elastic. The long come went some way down the back of my head to spread the weight load. I used to get them from Claires but they stopped doing them.