The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Hi Guys,

I'm really wanting to dye my hair a dark teal colour and just wondering if you know any good hairdressers that you would recommend that do 'not the norm' hair colours?

Thanks

Megan :)

How questions like this can get answered in this thread will be tricky because as the title says..."do not advertise in here".

Hi,

I am desperate to find a reasonable priced hairdressers around the city centre/ S2, S7, S11, S8 area. I've previously been spoilt by a hairdresser who charged me £48 for a base colour/ highlights. The cheapest quote I can get now is £80 and it's just not affordable for me. Please help!

NT

Hi I am looking for a good mobile hairdresser to come to my house and curl my hair on 25th June (morning) and 2nd July (late afternoon)

Any recommendations or anyone free in Hillsborough

Thanks

I have had some dreadful hair cuts in my time, that have reduced me to tears !

Thinking of the cost, been to one or two walk in shops, in Hillsborough, what a disaster.The words, cheap and nasty come to mind.

After avoiding going anywhere for a cut and blow, for 7 months, my friend suggested BROWNES ON DIVISION ST, CITY CENTRE.

Grant cut my hair, O.M.G. WHAT A REVELATION ! ! ! !

The cut was perfect, and what a relief, no more nasty haircuts, ever again.

I know its more expensive, but worth every penny, if my hair isn't right, it ruins the overall look, even when dressed up.

I made a second appointment for 8 weeks time, and will be a regular client from now on.

BROWNES, DIVISION ST, near John Lewis . . . . about 30 yds away.:):love:

---------- Post added 26-05-2016 at 12:34 ----------

Well, lets be honest . . . . . any shop is only as good as the staff that work there.

The trouble is, at most places, staff keep leaving, and when you go for whatever, you get another member of staff, and the consiquences may be horrible !

Its best I feel, to go somewhere, that the owner does your hair, if they do a good job, at least most of the time they will be there and have some continuity.

At Browness, on Division St, the owner Grant, is nearly always there, and he is a fantastic haircutter, and cuts mens hair as well.

I have started going there recently, and I don't go into a hot sweat thinking I may get a dreadful haircut, it a big fear of mine.

It can take months, even years to put right, in the meantime, feeling so miserable.

A friend od mine had a dreadful haircut, and wore a baseball hat for several months after, when I was young, I purchased a wig LOL due to a rotten haircut.

Posts have been removed, it clearly states 'No Advertising' in the title. The megathreads are for recommendations and advice only.

Thank you.

Hi, not for myself, but can anyone reccomend a salon for oap perms please?

Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser/barber in the S8 area, please? My son is 10 and we've been to the same barber for years, which we drive to, but he hated the last cut and wants to go somewhere else. Think he wants something more modern with a bit more style - typical pre-teen! I know there are loads of salons on Woodseats but I'd love some recommendations please, as I've no idea which ones are good. Within walking distance of Woodseats/Abbey Lane would be ideal. Thanks all.

Gents Division. About £8 for a child's cut. Friendly staff who are good and it is very popular.

Gents Division. About £8 for a child's cut. Friendly staff who are good and it is very popular.

Thank you. :) Had a browse of their website and it looks ideal, so I'll give them a ring later today to make an appointment.

Hey, does anyone know whether Shear Illusionz hairdresser/barber that used to be near the top of The Moor has relocated to somewhere else in the city? One of the barbers there used to cut my hair better than anyone else and I want to find where she's working again! Any information much appreciated. Cheers!

Hi, Can any one offer advice on what i can do with my hair ( apart from where a hat) . I recently went to have a soft perm. When i got home i noticed bits of my hair where still straight so i went back. The hairdresser said maybe it hadn't been on long enough or not taken because my hair was too wet. I went back in an she did the top section again. Now 6 weeks on it is worse than before, the back is quite loose but still has staight bits and the front is like candyfloss and a section right on top of my head is still staight.

I'm wanting to know where Neil is working now please, he was working at Saviles Barber shop devnshire street sheffield.. any help would be great thanks.. great barber great guy! Cheers