The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Are there any hairdressers in Meadowhall? If so they may be open on Sundays.

Good idea, will have a look thanks. I know there's a Supercuts but they don't take bookings so I don't want to go all the way out there and find they can't fit me in :(

Good idea, will have a look thanks. I know there's a Supercuts but they don't take bookings so I don't want to go all the way out there and find they can't fit me in :(

You could also try Crystal Peaks.

You could also try Crystal Peaks.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's a bit out the way though, 2 hours and 13 minutes walk according to Google Maps :razz:

Thanks for the suggestion, it's a bit out the way though, 2 hours and 13 minutes walk according to Google Maps :razz:

You could get the tram from the city centre.

Hi

After my last hair disaster at the local hairdressers..... I want to go to the best hairdressers in Sheffield. I am wanting my hair the baylage look, where's the best?????

Hi

After my last hair disaster at the local hairdressers..... I want to go to the best hairdressers in Sheffield. I am wanting my hair the baylage look, where's the best?????

Try The Avenue on Glossop Road, maybe look at their Facebook page and their website. They are definitely the best I've ever used.

So today I wasted 6 hours in a hairdressers and walked out almost £150 lighter!

I wanted the best hairdresser so went with the top stylist....the owner/director.

The hairdressers is based on ecclesall road Sheffield.

I made very clear how I wanted my hair to look, showing photos numerous times.

My hair looks nothing like I was told it would.....I am very disappointed as I could have achieved this look myself at home and saved myself a lot of money.

The assistant stylist took over blow drying my hair. I lost count the amount of times he apologised for smacking me in the face and head with the hairdryer.

After My hair was blow dried, that was it, My hair was all over the place.

I have never known a hairdressers to not own a pair of hair straighteners???!

What is that all about???!!!

Another lady had her hair cut whilst I was there, she asked about hair straightening and they said they don't really use hair straighteners and so she left without her hair being straightened too!!!???

For the price I paid, I expected better. Very very disappointed in the whole experience and definitely would not recommend to anyone.

I go to Denise at Crookes £3.90 Very good

So today I wasted 6 hours in a hairdressers and walked out almost £150 lighter!

I wanted the best hairdresser so went with the top stylist....the owner/director.

The hairdressers is based on ecclesall road Sheffield.

I made very clear how I wanted my hair to look, showing photos numerous times.

My hair looks nothing like I was told it would.....I am very disappointed as I could have achieved this look myself at home and saved myself a lot of money.

The assistant stylist took over blow drying my hair. I lost count the amount of times he apologised for smacking me in the face and head with the hairdryer.

After My hair was blow dried, that was it, My hair was all over the place.

I have never known a hairdressers to not own a pair of hair straighteners???!

What is that all about???!!!

Another lady had her hair cut whilst I was there, she asked about hair straightening and they said they don't really use hair straighteners and so she left without her hair being straightened too!!!???

For the price I paid, I expected better. Very very disappointed in the whole experience and definitely would not recommend to anyone.

The barber shop keeper must have lost his mind. Why would he turn your business away?

Please can anyone with naturally curly hair help me find a decent hairdresser that understands how to cut curly hair?

I'm tired of having dissapointing experiences in salons where they don't understand how to cut my curly hair, often being left with it too short, uneven and sometimes only partially done!

I know there are threads similar to this, but back dated to 2010, so looking for up to date contact info.

Hope you can help ?

After searching for 9 months I have finally found Laura Senior my hairdresser formerly of La Coupe and Inspure .Anyone with difficult hair will realise how daunting it can be when your usual Angel leaves a salon .I feel like a new woman haha .Thank you Laura .If anyone wants to know where she is working now just P M and I will let you know . :)

Hi Guys,

I'm really wanting to dye my hair a dark teal colour and just wondering if you know any good hairdressers that you would recommend that do 'not the norm' hair colours?

Thanks

Megan :)