The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Can you book an appointment? The day needs to run like clock work so wouldn't like to just pop in

Cheers

K

You normally drop in and wait but if you went beforehand and explained the situation to Abbe (owner) he would 100% make sure your appointment was bang on time on the day in question

So I wandered down to millhouses for a haircut today at Sweeny 5 only to find the place shut down, lights off and lots of boards and other materials leaned up against the cashiers front desk. It looked like it had either hopefully closed for refurbishment, or had closed for good. It's one of the biggest unisex hair salons in sheffield and has been there for nearly 30 years, and I've been told it even had a grand opening back in the day with Emelyn Hughes to cut the ribbon. Does anyone know what's going on with the place? Has it gone for good? :(

Yet another victim of the cuts....

I'll get my coat

Simple answer. They never open on Mondays. They never open on the Tuesday after a Bank Holiday Monday. I feel sure they'll be open today.

I need a good and reasonably priced hairdresser for my 6 year old daughter. We have up until now trimmed her hair at home, but it was all a bit traumatic last time so am looking for a professional. But I don't want to pay megabucks- she is only 6 after all and all we need is some neatening up. We live in S11. Any recommendations?

Hi I'm quite new to Sheffield and I'm living in Barnsley now with my gf in S70. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any nearby (20 mins away maximum) locations that had hairdressers that did patterns such as lines/fades/patterns at a reasonable price and were good ? I did a google search and couldn't really find much that wasn't in Sheffield city centre and on the thread i did find on here it was an old dated thread so am unsure if any of those barbers still exist. If anyone could help it would be appreciated! Thanks

---------- Post added 09-09-2014 at 19:58 ----------

any update? am wanting to try sort out a haircut b4 friday as per abve!! thanks

Hi I'm quite new to Sheffield and I'm living in Barnsley now with my gf in S70. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any nearby (20 mins away maximum) locations that had hairdressers that did patterns such as lines/fades/patterns at a reasonable price and were good ? I did a google search and couldn't really find much that wasn't in Sheffield city centre and on the thread i did find on here it was an old dated thread so am unsure if any of those barbers still exist. If anyone could help it would be appreciated! Thanks

---------- Post added 09-09-2014 at 19:58 ----------

any update? am wanting to try sort out a haircut b4 friday as per abve!! thanks

Champion Barbers on Bellhouse Road close to Firth Park. They do patterns and are very reasonably priced

It's S5 not Sheffield city centre its close to Barnsley Road. Thought you were asking for a hairdresser in Sheffield

Bumping this in hopes of getting some recommendations! I'm a 20 year old male student hoping to finally find somewhere in Sheffield to get my haircut. Everywhere seems to be barber shops, which I think is throwing me off because the barbers back home are bloody terrible so I've always frequented unisex salons instead.

Based in S10 so city centre/Eccy Road preferably, willing to spend around £25 :)

Bumping this in hopes of getting some recommendations! I'm a 20 year old male student hoping to finally find somewhere in Sheffield to get my haircut. Everywhere seems to be barber shops, which I think is throwing me off because the barbers back home are bloody terrible so I've always frequented unisex salons instead.

Based in S10 so city centre/Eccy Road preferably, willing to spend around £25 :)

Try Hairess on Ecclesall road , not too far from you and do a very good job , ask for Sarah T. she is fantastic , and , reasonable . Welcome to Sheffield .