The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

ey all

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a good (but cheap of course!) walk in type hairdresser, just to do a trim?? No restyling needed, just a couple inches taking off! I'm in S8, but would travel if there's none round here...

Thankies

Hi just like to say we offer this service at Hoopers on Abbey Lane ask for Sheryl to recieve 10% off your visit.

I would just like to say that today I have been to Hoopers for a cut by Anne. Would definitely recommend. She has done a smashing job.

Hello!

I moved to the area a while ago and have finally taken the plunge and am looking for a new hairdresser. I have been going to the same hairdresser for 10 years, so this is a pretty traumatic event, as the last time I went anywhere else they totally mucked it up! I know there are a lot of places recommended on here, but I'm still not sure, so was hoping someone might be able to help.

I don't get my hair cut very often, so don't mind if it's expensive, but it needs to be a really good place which will listen to what I want and do what I ask. I know what suits me and the cut I want, and my problem with lots of places (especially trendy ones) in the past has been that they have a very clear idea of what they think would suit you and they ignore what you actually want. Can anyone recommend a stylist who really pays attention to what you say and is capable of doing a really good cut for fine, medium length hair?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions! Thanks :)

Hi everyone

After losing 3 stone since beginning of December i thought it was time to treat myself. I have a new outfit ready to go out in on Saturday but really thought it was time for a new hair do. I would have loved to have it dyed but the cheapest place i've found for that is £35, not bad but saving money. So was wondering if anywhere knew a cheap hairdresser for a cut style and blowdry????

s6 area would be preferred but don't mind distance if good price.

thanks

Are you a man or a woman?

Well done on losing 3 stone in a month by the way that's a real achievement.

Any secrets?

Hi im a woman lol :D

I've lowered my calories right down, exchanged full fat foods for low fat foods, swim once a week and work out on the Wii and cut out fizzy drinks. Careful with citrus things too cause they are extremely fattening.

I kind of got a foot up my ass to lose the weight when i was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 but nurse said if i carry on this way i could be taken off medication by end of this year :D

thanks

groupon and living social both have deals on hair treatments at the moment. Worth a look xx

congrats on your weight loss

I only asked your gender by the way because it might alter the hairdresser recommendations you get.

If you find somewhere, let me know. my G/F spends £65 a month on her hair !!

HOLY COW my hubby would divorce me if i spent that much haha, i go to hairdressers once every three months haha

and forumasaurus its fine im just in a happy mood so saying lol all the time lol