The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

The one at Hillsborough is fine and the cutters are real dandy.

Had similar £3 cut in Chesterfield. And then went to a different barber costing £8. It really is you get what you paid for.

Not surprised he closed, £8 for a cut compared to £5ish at Emm's 100 yards down the road.

Well iv been told off a few people that in emms ur sat in chair for two seconds for that fiver and the cuts are not god so for 3 pound more I think it was worth going as they took their time and did a good job.

Edited by beauty spot

thanks for that, he certaintly was a good barber , but i'am only local and was hoping to go back when it re opened , hopefuly the new barber is just as good

The barbers is re opening on wednesday, iv been told that a young lady has taken over and is a really good barber,

Yes but as someone has already said he is a very good barber. My hubby went there and ended up going to Emms last time but it wasn't nearly as good as MR did it. Hubby's certainly thinking of making the trip to Upwell Street next time.

Well hopefully the young lady who has taken it over is better than any of them, n its worth a trip down to the barbers after wed to see I reckon

theres a hair shop on dixon lane in town, ive used this for my daughters before. not expensive and you can take your own hair to be braided in.

Thanks for the suggestion. She's booked an appointment at Hair 2 Go at 24 Dixon Lane S1 2AL (behind Wilkinson Supermarket & Nr Travelodge hotel). They seem to know what they're about and had magazines with examples of styles. They also have a hair-n-beauty shop attached. They quoted cheaper than Nubia too. In case anyone else is interested their number is: 0114 2720088.

Hi.

Looking for a decent place in S6.

Thinking higher end, mid price barber type.

Fellas perhaps?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Butcher on the Bridge,Hillsborough Corner;bring your own reading material.

They have a direct line to steve, bill and mark.Brylcreem by the bucket.

I have a son and I always go to Gillians barbers in Darnall as they are always a good laugh and do a great job, but I took my 9 year old into sweeny's as we were coming back from derbyshire on Sunday and they said they'd do it for only £11.50!!!!!!! So ended up calling off on Abbeydale road and even though the barber didn't speak that much English he did a great job with all the swirls etc and for only £4!

i use the one in hillsborough - but its only a quick whizz round with the shears - takes about 5 minutes - if that is what you want I'd thoroughly recommend them

I've seen people in there having "proper" haircuts, but I've no idea if they charge extra or how good they are