The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Kelidescope hillsborough tel no 01142343617

Very good Evan has coffee lounge nd Beauty room

Well recommened

Actually mort you need to practice what you preach! I do not own the business Hoopers i merely am a self employed stylist who works with in the salon a few days a week. This thread is full of 'mobile' hairdressers offering services and quoting prices and discounts. These people are all self employed (well i hope!) and in the eyes of the inland revenue a business. Why should someone who is going to come to your house be given different priveledges to someone who says on this day i will be at this salon??

The message was not aimed at you, but at several other members who had been using this thread to advertise their businesses, whose posts have now been deleted.

There is a difference to responding to a query saying you offer a particular service (which is acceptable) and just posting an advert onto the thread (which is not).

Hope that clarifies the position for you.

wanting to have my hair extensions weaved in'

was told sals cut n weave is best what do people think? are they good? how much is it to have done

thanks

I want a mobile hairdresser to strip out my black hair, im wanting to go a light brown please let me know prices if anyone can do this thanks

Can anyone recommend a good hairdressers in Crookes? Wondered about ph2?

I'm wanting sew in extensions but I want someone to do then who has experience in doing them & does anybody know roughly the prices of them?

Do you mean sewing the hair to the clips? they do it at extras in Meadowhall.

Can not recommend anyone to sow a weft in to your hair, but have you thought about decent clip in ones, they are much less hassle than semi permanent extensions, try Foxy Locks or Head Kandy they do some good ones.

I've seen a few old posts on this but I know stylists move around a lot, so I'm looking for up to date info please. My hair is armpit length and very curly/frizzy, so I'm looking for a stylist who's an expert in cutting curly hair, preferably in the Woodseats/S8 area or city centre.

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Ann at Hunky dory on Woodseats is great with curly hair, she has been cutting mine for nearly 20 years.