The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

I had Ross do my hair today at Love Your Hair. Definitely recommend him my hair looks amazing and he does a fab head massage.

I went there yesterday for a colour and my hair is now snapping off by the shed load has anyone had bad experience there ut cost me a smaall fortune and I ended coming out ginger and pink

Will Maxim hairdressers in hillsborough do unusual hairstyles? I heard they are good.

can't go to sallys because you need a card to get in i think..but i'll have a look around. thanks

As people have said you don't need a card (these cards are trade cards for people in the business) just means without this card you pay alot more.

ey all

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a good (but cheap of course!) walk in type hairdresser, just to do a trim?? No restyling needed, just a couple inches taking off! I'm in S8, but would travel if there's none round here...

Thankies

Hi just like to say we offer this service at Hoopers on Abbey Lane ask for Sheryl to recieve 10% off your visit.

In a similar vein... I too used to go to Saks and really liked my hairdresser there. I tried Tony and Guy in town and sadly no luck. Anyone know a girl called Ellis who used to work at Saks and can let me know where she works now; would be much appreciated!

This thread is not to be used for people advertising their businesses, if you wish to advertise then go to our business directory which can be located on the side of the page.

This thread is not to be used for people advertising their businesses, if you wish to advertise then go to our business directory which can be located on the side of the page.

Actually mort you need to practice what you preach! I do not own the business Hoopers i merely am a self employed stylist who works with in the salon a few days a week. This thread is full of 'mobile' hairdressers offering services and quoting prices and discounts. These people are all self employed (well i hope!) and in the eyes of the inland revenue a business. Why should someone who is going to come to your house be given different priveledges to someone who says on this day i will be at this salon??

Just on a different note -

I've been a customer, advocate and promoter of the Loaf salons for years, in fact since they opened. Over the five years I've worked out Ive spent just over £7k (yes I spend a lot on my hair - it needs regular cut and colour).

I now wouldnt recommend Loaf to anyone. Not because of the quality of hair cuts/colours rather by their antipathy towards the regular customers who have been the bread and butter of their business for years and years.

Loaf take note - its much easier and cost effective to ensure customer attrition as opposed to customer acquisition.

Just one final note to Loaf - most customers don't like being spoken to in a snotty manner by jumped up "manager"/receptionists.

Ellis is at the hairdressers next to the spa 1877- think it's Conrad Blandford.