The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Hi Everyone

I've recently moved back to Sheffield and am wondering if anyone can tell me where Craig (the hairdresser) who used to work at headlines at Park Head now works. I thought he was amazing, and would love to go back to him, many thanks. x x

sorry to gatecrash your thread but anybody else looking for a really good male hairdresser i can reccommend Tim at Fusion up at wisewood, his salon is opposite the Beehive. He does my fella and kids hair as well and we're never disapointed :-)

Hi, im wantin a mobile hairdresser for fri 13th aug to do my hair for my bro's

30th, im wantin curly maybe an updo. Im open to suggestions.

If anybody is available please leave me your details and a rough price.

Thanks for looking :)

Jo has gone round the corner to Salon 88 -she's great. I don't know about Ali, but I guess Jo would know.

Can anyone tell me whereabouts hair by Christmas is? It apparently moved to 269 Fulwood Road, but the only hairdressers I can see along there is S & M Hair? Please don't tell me I am going crazy or something! Thanks :)

Can anyone tell me whereabouts hair by Christmas is? It apparently moved to 269 Fulwood Road, but the only hairdressers I can see along there is S & M Hair? Please don't tell me I am going crazy or something! Thanks :)

No you're not going crazy - it's by the post office. It's quite a small window with Christmas trees in it!

Cheers .....

Hi

was wondering if anyone knew where abouts i could take a hair extensions course would be greatful if anyone could help :)

£10 is not cheap. Easy Barber in Hillsborough does boys' hair for £3-4, and the results are fine. £10 is a rip off for 15mins work. I don't get paid £40 an hour, do you?

I know that the above was written a while back, but it did rile me.

As someone who works in the hair industry, I feel the need to let people know that just because a salon charges £10 for 15 minutes work does not mean that the hairdresser is earning £40 an hour. Far from it. The business will take their share who have overheads including electricity, gas heating, rent, products, beverages, lost revenue from people not bothering to turn up to their appointments etc... the hairdresser will get a small % of that £10 after the assistants/apprentices, receptionist and any cleaners take their share. Oh and massive chunk goes to the tax man. £40 an hour? More like £7 an hour for the hairdresser charging at those rates. Hardly greedy.

I know that the above was written a while back, but it did rile me.

As someone who works in the hair industry, I feel the need to let people know that just because a salon charges £10 for 15 minutes work does not mean that the hairdresser is earning £40 an hour. Far from it. The business will take their share who have overheads including electricity, gas heating, rent, products, beverages, lost revenue from people not bothering to turn up to their appointments etc... the hairdresser will get a small % of that £10 after the assistants/apprentices, receptionist and any cleaners take their share. Oh and massive chunk goes to the tax man. £40 an hour? More like £7 an hour for the hairdresser charging at those rates. Hardly greedy.

i agree stevie... people have noooooo idea. i have to pay 50% rent plus buy my own colors, scissors,foil which mounts up to about 300 per month.

i agree stevie... people have noooooo idea. i have to pay 50% rent plus buy my own colors, scissors,foil which mounts up to about 300 per month.

not inc my rent

Buy your own colours? God that's a bit harsh. I should be thankful that I don't have to do that.

50% rent + £300 overheads a month. That's a slightly harsh deal I think. You should try to negotiate a reduction in rent I think!