The Transformers movie

I thought it was yet another terrible Michael Bay film. The Transformers were secondary characters in their own film. The CGI was good, when the robots were stationary, but a blurred mess of parts in combat sequences. The plot was terrible, with the story only moving along by coincidences as opposed to an actual coherent storyline. As for the personalities given to the 'bots - oh dear! Some scenes felt like I was watching Carry On Autobots as opposed to Transformers (especially the scene at the Witwicky home when Sam is trying to stop his parents seeing the bloody big robots outside - cringeworthy!)

The only pleasant surprise was young Shia LaBeouf in the role of Sam. A surprisingly likeable actor, and I look forward to seeing Disturbia with him in when it lands here in the UK. The rest of the cast were awful - non more than Meagan Fox who has to be the worst actress I've seen in a long while.

Michael Bay is a hack director, who hates Transformers (he said so in interviews, stating that he didn't want to make this sh***y toy movie, but then relised it would make cash), so why was he given the task?

I'm going to stick with the animated movie.

Agree 100%.

It stank but the boy loves it so i suppose thats all that matters.

And i cried like a little girl when Prime died in the cartoon too.

Ultra Magnus was a terrible replacement 'leader' and as for Rodimus Prime, dont get me started:roll:

Agree 100%.

It stank but the boy loves it so i suppose thats all that matters.

And i cried like a little girl when Prime died in the cartoon too.

Ultra Magnus was a terrible replacement 'leader' and as for Rodimus Prime, dont get me started:roll:

I remember the shock when Prime died in the movie! I was gobsmacked! Traumatized me it did!

Then they went and did it again in the comic - but set before he died in the movie! That really messed with my head!

Can people confirm that Optimus Prime does not die in the film?

To Salster - I hope you enjoy it, and your kid does too (really, I hope lots of people see it twice - more cahs for us at the cinema!). I'm sure my 5 year old son will also love it, but having seen it myself I much rather prefer the fun of the comics and cartoon series which actually seem more mature than Bay's attempt at making a "believable" adaptation. As for telling me to 'get over it' - excuse me for expressing an opinion when someone asked what people who had seen it thought! Heaven forbid I have a different opinion to someone else on a subject!

Remember opnions are not allowed :hihi:

Ive never seen the point in dissecting films etc. I watch something to enjoy it, if I don't, I don't.

I remember the shock when Prime died in the movie! I was gobsmacked! Traumatized me it did!

Then they went and did it again in the comic - but set before he died in the movie! That really messed with my head!

But he only dies because Megatron was a cheat and Hotrod was a w****r so i got some comfort from that.

Still cant believe the made Optimus Primes murderer the leader of the Autobots.

Politics, it was all about politics:hihi:

And JFK, i wouldnt want to spoil it for you mate.

"Transformers, in disguise." :hihi:

I've not seen it yet.

"Transformers, in disguise." :hihi:

I've not seen it yet.

Dont bother, watch the cartoon instead:thumbsup:

Can people confirm that Optimus Prime does not die in the film?

yep he lives and looks like there will be more they left it wide open

I've just seen the trailer. Maybe it's worth watching cos the CGI effect is so great. It's always better to see such type of movies in a big screen. :love:

Unless of course you own a big LCD tv... grr.

I've just seen the trailer. Maybe it's worth watching cos the CGI effect is so great. It's always better to see such type of movies in a big screen. :love:

Unless of course you own a big LCD tv... grr.

Yes I think this will be better in a cinema to watch, I saw it on my 19" monitor and it was ok, might have a trip to the cinema to see.

Transformers2 is set for 2009,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/synopsis

i personally thought it was ok but nothing special, the plot was weak, the action sequences were ok, some funny parts but not much else to write home about

the film was ok but soundwave was missing with his cool voice whats next the gobots?