The Transformers movie

For some reason I thought there was a thread about this film, but cannot find it, I have been waiting for this film to come out and saw it tonight and must say its quite amazing.

The special effects were brilliant and a must see movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/

Anyone else seen it ?, and what did you think ?

great film just watched it on line

thanks for the recomendation

Been having a look @ the website - it has details of the actors and also the voice-over artists - the guy who does the main robot does My Little Pony, eeyore, KARR (bad version of KITT) and now this :)

I never got over Optimus Prime snuffing it in the cartoon series, I cried my eyes out. So I am very aprehensive going to watch this film, as it could potentially be very painful and open up old wounds.

I never got over Optimus Prime snuffing it in the cartoon series, I cried my eyes out. So I am very aprehensive going to watch this film, as it could potentially be very painful and open up old wounds.

You should see it, I wont spoil it for you.

It certainly bit in the US

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6283174.stm

You just knew it was going to be a great movie after the first 10 mins, I would love to know how they did some of those scene, mouth dropping effects

I thought it was yet another terrible Michael Bay film. The Transformers were secondary characters in their own film. The CGI was good, when the robots were stationary, but a blurred mess of parts in combat sequences. The plot was terrible, with the story only moving along by coincidences as opposed to an actual coherent storyline. As for the personalities given to the 'bots - oh dear! Some scenes felt like I was watching Carry On Autobots as opposed to Transformers (especially the scene at the Witwicky home when Sam is trying to stop his parents seeing the bloody big robots outside - cringeworthy!)

The only pleasant surprise was young Shia LaBeouf in the role of Sam. A surprisingly likeable actor, and I look forward to seeing Disturbia with him in when it lands here in the UK. The rest of the cast were awful - non more than Meagan Fox who has to be the worst actress I've seen in a long while.

Michael Bay is a hack director, who hates Transformers (he said so in interviews, stating that he didn't want to make this sh***y toy movie, but then relised it would make cash), so why was he given the task?

I'm going to stick with the animated movie.

I thought it was yet another terrible Michael Bay film. The Transformers were secondary characters in their own film. The CGI was good, when the robots were stationary, but a blurred mess of parts in combat sequences. The plot was terrible, with the story only moving along by coincidences as opposed to an actual coherent storyline. As for the personalities given to the 'bots - oh dear! Some scenes felt like I was watching Carry On Autobots as opposed to Transformers (especially the scene at the Witwicky home when Sam is trying to stop his parents seeing the bloody big robots outside - cringeworthy!)

The only pleasant surprise was young Shia LaBeouf in the role of Sam. A surprisingly likeable actor, and I look forward to seeing Disturbia with him in when it lands here in the UK. The rest of the cast were awful - non more than Meagan Fox who has to be the worst actress I've seen in a long while.

Michael Bay is a hack director, who hates Transformers (he said so in interviews, stating that he didn't want to make this sh***y toy movie, but then relised it would make cash), so why was he given the task?

So thats a "no" from you ?

So thats a "no" from you ?

A big thumbs down here. I wasn't expecting much from it, and it delivered just that. As far as I'm concerned this isn't Transformers, it's Michael Bay's Bad Bots.

A big thumbs down here. I wasn't expecting much from it, and it delivered just that. As far as I'm concerned this isn't Transformers, it's Michael Bay's Bad Bots.

Did you have your eyes open during the movie ?

Well firstly I wouldn't mind seeing it and secondly my 5 year old son isn't actually going to give a monkeys about the directorship.

Its a fun film - get over it.

Did you have your eyes open during the movie ?

Sadly I did - which is why I mentioned the messy effects in the fights. Sorry, but CGI fuelled mess like this rank alongside the Star Wars prequels in my book - as in 'great idea, but terribly put together'

To Salster - I hope you enjoy it, and your kid does too (really, I hope lots of people see it twice - more cahs for us at the cinema!). I'm sure my 5 year old son will also love it, but having seen it myself I much rather prefer the fun of the comics and cartoon series which actually seem more mature than Bay's attempt at making a "believable" adaptation. As for telling me to 'get over it' - excuse me for expressing an opinion when someone asked what people who had seen it thought! Heaven forbid I have a different opinion to someone else on a subject!