Monteney School ex pupils

I went to Monteney Infant and Junior School 1964-1969, Mr White gave ME the slipper after a boy in my class bullied me and pulled the buttons off the back of my dress ripping it in the process! he got away with it, I got it off my mum & dad too when I got home... Miss Kelsey was my teacher, she was very nice, she got married while I was there but can't remember married name then. I lived on Wordsworth Avenue, the bottom end at Ecclesfield.

I had the slipper too a few times from Mr White...for running away from School and going home because I was so miserable, I was always taken back to school (actually physically dragged crying, it would have been classed as abuse these days :suspect: ) by a member of staff.

Mr White always took the side of the boys, and would never believe what nasty little bullies they were.

Rosie I don't remember Mr Jenkins, I'm not sorry to have not met him he doesn't sound so great either.

I am glad that some people had a happy time though, its such a shame, a good teacher can inspire and shape a child's life for the good forever, a bad one can simply ruin it with very little effort!

I left Monteney in '82 and have very fond memories of it. Miss Grapes was a great teacher, also John Keyworth (who married my coursin) and Mr Dunn - all these people had a positive influence on me over the years and made me want to learn.

i went to monteney school but left just has everyone moved to colley school, i remember mr white, mrs lowe the french teacher, mr jenkins, i used to hang around with helena abakanowicz, helen hattersley, there was ruth grey, sharron thorpe, neil lawton, joanne sullivan, david rose, good times at the school.:D

Back in the late 50's early 60's. My grandfather had a coach company and the former head teacher there Miss Handley, took part of the school to Flamborough and I went also. There must have been between 40 to 50 kids and they were all sat cross legged in a picket fence that surrounded her caravan. It's suprising how something can trigger the memory.

Does anyone remember going there?

Yes I started at Monteney in !956 or 57 and remember Miss Handley, I also went to Flamborough with the school (into the lighthouse). Miss Mycock was my teacher at the infants and I remember Miss Perry - Miss Leach, and Mr Roper at the Juniors.

---------- Post added 03-04-2014 at 22:58 ----------

I went to Monteney infants and juniors 1956 -1962

Teachers I remember

Mr Roper

Mr Housden

Miss Leach (ugh!)

Mr Whrighston

Mrs Wrightson nee Garside

Headmaster Mr White, before him Mr Lewis

I was there at the exact same time, and if we was in the same class i will have a picture of you. Miss Leach was awful and Mr Roper was very tough with certain pupils.

My name is Dave Jackson. I went to monteney think I left in 1989 or 1990 I hung about with Sam Dalton Craig Staniland Dave Nicholas. I an trying to locate old school pals add I moved down to Kent just before I was joining Yewlands high school. If you remember me let me know your named I can't remember everyone

Edited by Djackson1978

I went to monteney infant school from 1958 anyone else on here go at that time