Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

Still think he would have been better spending the 50grand each he spent for cadimateri and beckett on an established striker, now we ned to offload ward (who is the top earner at utd), shaw (crap), Lester (not needed) and concentrate of bringing our younger players through- even loaning them out!!!

Originally posted by Scottandandy

Still think he would have been better spending the 50grand each he spent for cadimateri and beckett on an established striker, now we ned to offload ward (who is the top earner at utd), shaw (crap), Lester (not needed) and concentrate of bringing our younger players through- even loaning them out!!!

and who exactly would we get for 100k?

i believe beckett is an established striker, he has proved himself, and in recent years bids of over 500k have been turned down for him.

cada is looking good for us,

can you give me any examples who we would get for 100k?

Warnock has got more than 100k though, he has said live on radio sheffield he could spend upto £500,000 if he wanted to!!!!

Warnock has got more than 100k though, he has said live on radio sheffield he could spend upto £500,000 if he wanted to!!!!

ok, who we going to get with 500k?

oh now your asking - lol!!!

But im pretty sure there would be lots of premiership strikers who are 3rd or 4th in the packing order who would love a chance to come to bramall lane and have a pop!!!

oh now your asking - lol!!!

But im pretty sure there would be lots of premiership strikers who are 3rd or 4th in the packing order who would love a chance to come to bramall lane and have a pop!!!

ha but this is where we are going back to "established" strikers!

i would have liked david healy to come and joined us.

and macken was looking a possibility for loan signing!

bentley was linked with us too

he has only cost 50k, i believe he will do well will becket, if not, i dont have any doubt in my mind we can reclaim the money paid and more

Yeah i guess, it just frustrates me when we see the amount of strikers we have and non of them are scoring!!!

Kabba (injured of course)

Ward (always injured)

cadimateri

forte

sharp

gray

shaw

lester

beckett

Thats 9 strikers!!! There comes a point where you begin to think its the manager who is not buying the right players rather than the strikers not scoring!!

Yeah i guess, it just frustrates me when we see the amount of strikers we have and non of them are scoring!!!

Kabba (injured of course)

Ward (always injured)

cadimateri

forte

sharp

gray

shaw

lester

beckett

Thats 9 strikers!!! There comes a point where you begin to think its the manager who is not buying the right players rather than the strikers not scoring!!

kabba was starting to do well

so 1 striker scoring

sharp has not really been given a proper chance, nor has forte

gray is scoring

so thats 2

beckett has not been given a chance

lester and ward have mainly been injured

but lester scored 12 i think it was last season

shaw is just a waste of space

the strikers id like to see left at the lane, are

beckett

gray

sharp

forte

kabba

cadamarteri

think sharp should be loaned out though personally, give him a bit of first team experience, as should hurst!!

personally, if i was to suggest bringing somebody in, ask arsene for a player, alliadere loks good, as does lupoli!!

maybe man utd would be prepared to lend us bellion!!

neil mellor of liverpool is another loan option!!

chopra went to barnsley from newcastle, i believe that would have been a good signing

i think if we offered 500k for Hume of tranmere that would be a good signing!

we could pick luke rogers up from shrewsbury for about 50k, another potential player!

there are so many players that would fit in our team!

but i think a place we need to improve is midfield, we need a big centre midfielder!!

Bring back tri dellas ;)

i agree though- the midfield is poor, it has been since brown left even with the addition of quinn and thurwell we just don't seem to distribute the ball as well.

Bring back tri dellas ;)

i agree though- the midfield is poor, it has been since brown left even with the addition of quinn and thurwell we just don't seem to distribute the ball as well.

its not just brown we miss its also mccall

Neverthought id hear that - lol!!!

But yes, he is the voice of expierence that organised them around, he needs to start doing that from the sidelines.

Neverthought id hear that - lol!!!

But yes, he is the voice of expierence that organised them around, he needs to start doing that from the sidelines.

perhaps.................... thirlwell coudl grow a big ginger mullet,

he is from sunderland so woudln't find it too hard to make his voice unrecognisable from the outside world!

hes about same height too