Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

Originally posted by stoatboy

I would say that beating Gillingham gives the side confidence and belief. Ok we might meet a form side and beaten but there is more chance of getting a result if the team are playing with confidence. You only have to look at Owen at Madrid...gets written off at first and cant hit a cows arse with a banjo. Then he scores and now he cant stop.

Think positive brother.

Well I hope that wasn't positive thinking from the Blades yesterday. The Gills haven't conceded in 3 games now but we had more than enough to score, as soon as we got to their penalty box we seemed to freeze. Could have tried a 3-3-4 since we were hoofing it up most of time and when we did use the ground to cross in from the wings no one was there.

Harley is suspended and we still have loads of injuries. Gray, Tonge and Wright still out along with the long term ones. I hope it's a better performance than the one against them in the Carling Cup. Does anyone know the outcome of Warnocks appeal against his sending off against watford? He was going to ask Ray Lewington to be a witness for his defence.

Gray is definatly fit and will start from what i hear, he will play gray on the left of midfield and put shaw and cadimateri upfront with thurwell and quinn in the centre, i think we should do them this time, especially as there 2 big guns are out!!!

altho devlin has a nasty habit of scoring against his old teams doesn't he.

Yes a nice smile crossed my face as I read that Watfords two strikers were out, but as you say Devlin is a threat. Good to hear Gray is in, can't be doing with him out at all.

We have nothing to worry about!. According to tonights Star, we a playing with 12 players tomorrow (we have 2 Quinn's in midfield).

Good, one can tighten up the defence and the other can go forward, Sorted!

Regarding my last. At least one Quinn scored but it seems the other couldn't shore up the defence:rolleyes: I didn't go to the game but heard Watford scored a good goal, anyone agree?

At least we didn't loose 4-1 to Swindon, should have been five if it wasn't for an offside ruling.

todays game was another waste of monet

dont know why i bother turning up for such drivel!!

quinny goal was a belter

as was watfords....

BUT...... seems kenny is getting beat from distance a bit too much lately, thats at least the 4th goal ive seen froim distance beat him at home this season

geary, started well, but did not finish too brightly

morgan jags and bromby solid

quinny, superb

gray was ok

thirlwell ok

liddell was a lot better before he joined us, need to improve

cada battled well again

shaw is once again a waste of space, drop him

sharp came on and did nothing

forte came on and was worst ive ever seen him

lester also did nothing

watford are such a bogey team

I saw the Watford goal, it looked like Morgan was stood on the wrong of their striker to give him the space to turn. It was a great strike however, and I also think Kenny has been beaten a few to many times from distance, he doesn't have a big spring in his when it comes to jumping.

im starting to lose faith in kenny a bit to be honest!

i know hes a good keeper, and he has proved it many many times.

but hes doing awful this season, if a outfield player was not up to scratch they would be replaced (unless of course it was ashley ward)

Since Kelly left we have really been a one keeper team, and in many respects we have been lucky with Keepers and injuries. I was watching the 2002-03 season dvd and even then some of the goals past Kenny could have been dealt with if not for his diving. I don't want to critisise him too much as I am a Kenny fan but his kicking lately has been a bit off too, I missed the Watford game due to work but have been to every other game and he can't kick straight.

Originally posted by Beastieboy

I missed the Watford game due to work but have been to every other game and he can't kick straight.

this has been noted by me!

but on a plus point, his throwing distribution has actually got better