Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

he would fin in well i think :D :D

One question - why doesn't he play-

Harley, Quinn, Tongue, Liddell in midfield

and

Cadamarteri and gray upfront

surely thats GOT to be our strongest team??

Let shaw go back to rotherham and im sure we will manage with lester, forte, sharp (and the kabba and wardy when fit)

I just don't get warnocks obsession with having 8 strikers at all times!!!! Lester will leave soon if we don't start giving him more than 5 minutes a game.

Originally posted by Scottandandy

Warnock doesn't look like he is going to change the side at all from tuesday night- why?? If i was manager and we lost 5-1 i would drop a few players and make them fight for there places!!!

ok, fair enough, who you gonna replace and who you gonna replce them with?

Originally posted by stoatboy

What about signing that MUTU bloke Ive got a spare sherbert dib dab he can have whilst he's in rehab?

seen as warnock feels obliged t pick ward when fit, mutu would prob not get in in front of him!!

One question - why doesn't he play-

Harley, Quinn, Tongue, Liddell in midfield

and

Cadamarteri and gray upfront

surely thats GOT to be our strongest team??

Let shaw go back to rotherham and im sure we will manage with lester, forte, sharp (and the kabba and wardy when fit)

I just don't get warnocks obsession with having 8 strikers at all times!!!! Lester will leave soon if we don't start giving him more than 5 minutes a game.

ok, jarley is good in midfield, but who do you suggest we put at left back??

wright is useless there, geary is well out of position there, so im just wondering who to have there if harley goes in midfield!!

tonge is currently injured, and he will play liddel quinn and tonge when they are all available!!

i personally dont mind having thirlwell there, he is somebody who you dont notice that much, but he does a hell of a lot for us!!

lester to leave?? think this may be best all round if im honest, im a fan of lesters, but what has he actually done in these short spells he has had on the pitch, or his full game against watford?? answer?? nothing!!

Originally posted by robbie

just that Gray is mainly a striker who can come back and Shaw was an attacking midfielder at Gillingham who can play upfront.

Point being we were playing a really good team away (who almost always spank us) and instead of tightening it up in midfield we were absolutely pulled apart. You can blame the defence but where was the midfield coming back to help?

gray came as an attacking midfielder, as did shaw,

where as gray has always come back (in to defence), shaw has always been lazy in that respective!!

now im not saying we should play shaw up front instead of gray, cause that is certainly not the case!! but while we are struggling for fit players in midfield i think gray is the better option in midfield than shaw, who is not good at that passing!!

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

Try gabrelini at the defense- he has been playing very well in the reserves and has even scored twice- why not??

Try gabrelini at the defense- he has been playing very well in the reserves and has even scored twice- why not??

hmmmm...... right, yeah you do have a point with gabrielli,

ok hes played well in the reserves, but they are really just practise matches!!

i dont know, i personally would not even think of dropping either jags or morgan to let somebody yet who has not proved himself!!

dont worry, refs hate jags and morgan, so he will soon get his chance through suspension

To be fair jags hasn't looked as solid as he did last year, she is playing well- don't get me wrong but he is slipping into the 'rodger nilsen' effect - ie- one big mistake a game.

morgan will get sent off again soon- we all know it ;)

To be fair jags hasn't looked as solid as he did last year, she is playing well- don't get me wrong but he is slipping into the 'rodger nilsen' effect - ie- one big mistake a game.

morgan will get sent off again soon- we all know it ;)

yeah i know what you mean about jags,

but i think he still deserves to be in the side!!

the problem is, he was not even doing that well last season, it was season before he was really good!!

I don't think there is an easy answer concerning defence at the minuite. It should get better when Kozluck and Francis are fit.

I am a great fan of putting attack minded defenders in midfield so i love it when Harley plays left midfield.

I also think Sven could do a lot worse than put Ashley Cole in left midfield.

I do agree that we have too many strikers at the moment and some of them are well past their best namely Ward. If Lester did go I think it might give run to a more settled front line up, personally I'd like to see Gray and Cadematri. It's the classic small man big man routine and we do play a lot of direct football, it worked for Sunderland a few years back with Quinn and Phillips.

I why not start with Forte? A young eager lad, left footed, fast, and already showing great promise, he would scare defenders to death.

Then with the front line sorted we could maybe expand the midfield and get a creative midfielder in because we sadly lack it and havent really had it since Browny left.

So Neil if your reading get Forte on and see if Zidane fancies the tropical delights of the steel city.

Originally posted by stoatboy

Gillingham should be a nice way to get back on track, no disrespect to Gillingham but we should hammer them at home. We need the win to boost confidence, especially in defence bloody awful on Tuesday!

What about signing that MUTU bloke Ive got a spare sherbert dib dab he can have whilst he's in rehab?

It's o.k. saying we will get back on track by winning these games but then if we come up against a good team on the run we will get beaten heavily again.

I would say that beating Gillingham gives the side confidence and belief. Ok we might meet a form side and beaten but there is more chance of getting a result if the team are playing with confidence. You only have to look at Owen at Madrid...gets written off at first and cant hit a cows arse with a banjo. Then he scores and now he cant stop.

Think positive brother.

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

seen as warnock feels obliged t pick ward when fit, mutu would prob not get in in front of him!!

ok, jarley is good in midfield, but who do you suggest we put at left back??

wright is useless there, geary is well out of position there, so im just wondering who to have there if harley goes in midfield!!

tonge is currently injured, and he will play liddel quinn and tonge when they are all available!!

i personally dont mind having thirlwell there, he is somebody who you dont notice that much, but he does a hell of a lot for us!!

lester to leave?? think this may be best all round if im honest, im a fan of lesters, but what has he actually done in these short spells he has had on the pitch, or his full game against watford?? answer?? nothing!!

gray came as an attacking midfielder, as did shaw,

where as gray has always come back (in to defence), shaw has always been lazy in that respective!!

now im not saying we should play shaw up front instead of gray, cause that is certainly not the case!! but while we are struggling for fit players in midfield i think gray is the better option in midfield than shaw, who is not good at that passing!!

Gray came as a striker.

we have youth players that can paly in midfiled. Although we have a youth policy of NEVER giving youth a chance. Maybe Kev isnt signed up to be represented by his son as an agent. Although it is unlikely as we normally kickm out the ones who don't work with the Warnock family....