Best place for MOT tests?

I always go to Savoy Tyres on Upwell Street. Never had any problems there. Been for the last 3 years now.

I use Thorpes at Thurgoland, no appointmants just turn up (& queue) They don't do repairs so no "invented" problems. they invite you to watch and will show you any problems they find, I prefer a place that does the test properly not just easy paperwork and have always found Thorpes to be thorough and fair. They charge much less than the official figure (£30? I think) and don't charge for retests (7 days)

DOT MOT is the best test centre I have used. They don't do any repair work so they won't fail your car to make money from unnecessary repairs. They are an unbiased testing centre and the staff are very polite and helpful. MOT is around £50 and a free retest within 14 days. Unlike other testing centres who are cheaper but they do repairs therefore could rip you off. DOT MOT has a website which you can contact them to book in your car. The website is dotmotltd.co.uk

how much are MOT tests and is it s free test? and weres best place to go in sheff/roth??

Challenger Tyres on Rutland Rd are excellent.

They don't rip you off, they always show you what is wrong on the car before fixing it.

I can't reccomend them highly enough.

http://www.challengertyres.com/index.php

As above, definitely DOT MOT on Olive Grove Road.

They dont actually do any repairs, so dont tell you your perfectly new tyres need changing etc.

I went last month and was only there about 20 mins. Theyve got a room where you can sit and watch TV too.

http://www.dotmotltd.co.uk

I've always used Waggon & Horses Garage on Meadowhead opposite Graves Park. Each time I take in my now 17 year old Toyota, they always tell me how impressed they are that she's in such good nick. She's only failed once, and that was basic wear and tear on the exhaust and a spot of welding needed doing.

I don't know their current MOT rates, but here's a site with their details on:

Waggon & Horses Garage

I use Thorpes at Thurgoland, no appointmants just turn up (& queue) They don't do repairs so no "invented" problems. they invite you to watch and will show you any problems they find, I prefer a place that does the test properly not just easy paperwork and have always found Thorpes to be thorough and fair. They charge much less than the official figure (£30? I think) and don't charge for retests (7 days)

I use Thorpes too as does my Dad for many years, they tell you exactly what the problem is if one is found. I've only had one done so far since i've not owned my car that long but i'll be going back to them.

took my car to top tread, it failed so i asked for a quote for the work so i thought ok and asked them to do the cambelt and a full service whilst it was in there, was told to bring the car the next day, and it should be finished by end of the day. They spent 3 days fixing the car and when i picked it up they said its all done and when i drove it home i noticed it wasnt driving like its just had a full service, so i checked and the oil was black, rang them up they said we might not have serviced it as we was very busy. They charged me for the service but they never did it, so i took it in the next day to get it done. spent a lot of money with them and they did that.....

NOT A VERY GOOD SERVICE AT ALL!!

dot mot charge about a tenner more for the test than other places, but at least you know they're honest. they passed my old car 1st time, twice, when ive taken it to them

Top Tread Tyres nr Bramhall Lane Used em for years ...

V Good overall service and reasonable prices ! :D

OOOps just read your post Shabba

Sorry to hear that - I've never had any trouble from them but will become more Observant in future.

they are very dodgy, i dont even think they put a new fuel filter in, as it looked the same!!!!

wont be going there again!!!

definitely NOT a place near DQ bar - they tried to rip me off last year for £500 worth of new shock absorbers. I challenged this, got a second opinion from another garage which confirmed they were fine and told them I would appeal (as I knew they were talking rubbish) they then decided the shocks were ok - during the conversation they moved their position from the shocks being "weak" to then having leaks - both of which were entirely untrue!