Did any of you attend Parkwood College? ( Shirecliffe?)

If you were there after 93 onwards, I might just know you!:D We called it the moon cos it was large, white and could be seen from all over Sheffield. If you ever went there, share your memories here.

I believe it was called Shirecliffe before it was Parkwood.

Was there '94 studying Environmental Science'. Tutor was Dave Pickersgill.

Looks like just me and thee Lestat.

I was there a few years before you Lestat. I was studying Social Care (PCSC) between 1981-1983, then further in-service training in 1986. I seem to remember one of the caretakers there during my first stint was jailed for murder.

Can anyone confirm that, as my memory of it is pretty foggy.

I loved my time at Shirecliffe - life was so simple then.

i was there in 92 93 building and cival eng

I was there between 71 & 74, on a vehicle refinishing course, I should think most of the tutors are retired now though I can remember len headland & 'dicky davis, classmates were gary young, roger cooper, alan smedley, chris peet

sorry - in 1994 @ Parkwood, Paul Hobson did the Environmental Science - I did Physics and the like - building was Shirecliffe until 1988, then Parkwood, closed in 1998 - Dave

I was there way before that (she said, suddenly feeling extremely old!) back in 1982, doing a drama and theatre arts diploma. It was a real laugh. lots of the kids went abou like they were on the set of "fame". All bubble perms and legwarmers. and that was just the lads! :lol:

we used Salmon Pastures for the woodwork side of the course, (set building) and Burton Street ("Langsett Music and Drama Centre") for the rehearsal rooms/ productions. We were at the Shirecliffe Campus itself for the academic side of it (English etc)

sorry - in 1994 @ Parkwood, Paul Hobson did the Environmental Science - I did Physics and the like - building was Shirecliffe until 1988, then Parkwood, closed in 1998 - Dave

Hi Dave,

You taught me Physics back in the 90's before I went off to Uni' to study Materials Science...

I was there studying Signwork under Frank Topley although my fondest memories are of Alan Cooper.

A true gentleman and a brilliant teacher.

I was there in the 1980s.

I was there from 1974 to1977 on day release and night classes to get my City and Guilds in plumbing. Spent many a happy dinnertime in the Timbertop.

Went there for my apprenticeship plus went on the YTS there straight from school