Norton anti virus v panda anti virus

getting a new computer in 3 weeks and wondering if its worth trying panda anti virus and it is cheaper have used norton in the past and found it to be ok so is there a catch apart from the price ?

Is Panda your own personal Anti Virus protector? :D

Originally posted by panda79

getting a new computer in 3 weeks and wondering if its worth trying panda anti virus and it is cheaper have used norton in the past and found it to be ok so is there a catch apart from the price ?

Why not use AVG Free edition?. It's never let me down and coupled up with Sygate personal firewall, i cant find ANY online system scan that can gain access to my pc.

Originally posted by vidster

Why not use AVG Free edition?. It's never let me down and coupled up with Sygate personal firewall, i cant find ANY online system scan that can gain access to my pc.

ive tried avg but i didnt like it for some reason the sygate firewall is good tho cant fault it:clap:

Tried PandaAV towards the end of 2002.

It let almost everything through - to the point where I was forced to re-partition & format!

Used Norton ever since and have had no issues since.

ive tried avg but i didnt like it for some reason the sygate firewall is good tho cant fault it:clap:

Just as a point of clarity...

There is a difference between an anti-virus program and a firewall... Some firewall product makers are blurring the line slightly by providing products with both but rarely with a comprehensive solution.

So, to be completely clear...

AVG is a purely anti-virus product while sysgate is purely a firewall...

I've come across a few people who don't trust AVG...just cos it's free :loopy:

Used it myself and installed it for others for several years now without any reported infections. F-Prot is another good free AV program and a lot of people don't like that cos it runs in DOS box !!